Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Forum/Social Community Management

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
In my teens, I was heavily dabbling in forum administration and development. I was never very technical myself, but I was always able to find someone to lend a hand via other networking sites and contacts. At one point, I owned a facebook app (the ones where it would analyze your friends list, blast you with ads, and then tell you who your "top 5 fans are" with a formula that basically just pulled who you most recently engaged with. However this app was paying me roughly $150/week USD in ad revenue, which I was dumping into my online forums.

I had paid custom themes, paid content creation (professionally and via friends), and had the vBulletin 4.X suite pretty much as soon as it launched with the CMS package. Life was good. Then I bombed in college, took a year off and stop visiting forums altogether. My priorities shifted.

Now I have all of this time on my hands, and here I am, back in forums! What is your story? How did you discover your passion for owning your own website?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I got into the world of webmasters all thanks to Club Penguin actually. I found a fan forum and really wanted to copy it so started my own on Forumotion. This was when I was around 7 or 8 I think.

Since then I've dabbled with a lot of different websites, forums and blogs. The most popular one was Discussion Hub (the OG one in 2014). The hardest and biggest one was Hive Gamurs which I custom coded myself.