Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

"Free" apps

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
It drives me nuts when I download an app that claims to be free but as soon as it loads it prompts you to sign up for a free trial. I wish it was more common practice to offer a free app and let users decide if they want to opt in for premium features.

Am I alone in this or can you guys relate?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I can relate to this as well. I think, however, people would be less likely to download what they think is a "free app" if they were upfront telling you you're really signing up for a "free trial".

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I can relate to this as well. I think, however, people would be less likely to download what they think is a "free app" if they were upfront telling you you're really signing up for a "free trial".

Fair point. I do find myself just deleting the app straight away. I once made the mistake of purchasing a subscription for a whole year at a significant discount. About 2 months in I realized that I wouldn't be using the app as often as I thought I would and even after cancelling the subscription I was stuck with it for the rest of the year.

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
This is also what I whine about sometimes. It seems that they are good at deceiving people. I am still on the practical side. Once the prompt pops out like this, I will surely uninstall it.