Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ignore someone?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Many regards online from weird to odd to why did you do that. Even people that I have known for years that one day I had to end.

One person that I do not talk much to him anymore that we chat like every day, one day I was sick and tired of him being rude to me for drinking and after a while, he got so bad from drinking I had it. He's a different man when he's drunk. tried to help him over and over again and it's to the point that you can't help him.

Yet he's still stuck around in my streams Xd

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I've avoided tons of fights, confrontations and rude people just by simply ignoring them. Yes it seems like a cowardly move, but the payoff is huge. Showing someone you simply don't care about their absence is the ultimate insult. You simply can live a peaceful life without issue once you learn to not care about others or their issue with you.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I've avoided tons of fights, confrontations and rude people just by simply ignoring them. Yes it seems like a cowardly move, but the payoff is huge. Showing someone you simply don't care about their absence is the ultimate insult. You simply can live a peaceful life without issue once you learn to not care about others or their issue with you.

It's easier for me to ignore what strangers and pissed off customers at work have to say because I don't have an emotional connection to them. What's hard to ignore is when it's an issue with your closest friends and family, you know?

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
I'm one of those annoying people who doesn't reply straight away, a lot of the time I'll wait until another time when I can be bothered to get into a chat! I guess that's ignoring somebody but I'm not trying to be mean!

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
What's hard to ignore is when it's an issue with your closest friends and family, you know?
In that case, I wouldn't ignore them. I would, instead, ask what their issue is and try to mutually solve it. If you can't, then at least you tried.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I'd have to say my daughter sometimes. Sometimes she will whine and I have to ignore her and let her know that I don't know what she's saying and she has to use words to explain what she's thinking.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I'd have to say my daughter sometimes. Sometimes she will whine and I have to ignore her and let her know that I don't know what she's saying and she has to use words to explain what she's thinking.
Does it work?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Does it work?
As a father myself, I have to agree with @Sharon. If you continue to reciprocate attention with that kind of behavior, it becomes a learned bad habit and your kids know that it works in getting them what they want. But, like Sharon said, if you ignore it they tend to quit doing it when they don't get the results they want.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
As a father myself, I have to agree with @Sharon. If you continue to reciprocate attention with that kind of behavior, it becomes a learned bad habit and your kids know that it works in getting them what they want. But, like Sharon said, if you ignore it they tend to quit doing it when they don't get the results they want.
Yep exactly this. One of the things I've learned quickly as a parent is that you have to discourage bad behavior and encourage good ones. Also, energy is limited and you quickly learn to choose your battles.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
There can be many reasons but major would be that I don't like to chat or talk with that particular person