Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Kids of divorced parents,

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
what do you wish they would have done differently?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Well, I never lived with my parents and my grandparents brought me up since age 4. My mother was 17 years old and she had no idea about how to look after kids.

But my parents are divorced and on that note, it's been 20 years since I have last seen my dad, I call him by his name anyway. As a kid when growing up it can be hard but at a very young age, they think it's normal and never get that, meaning they won't remember.

Lucky to have my grandparents in away, I be ended up very very bad and sick or ended up with another family.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Well, I never lived with my parents and my grandparents brought me up since age 4.
Glad your grandparents stepped up to the plate and took you in. Some children wind up in foster care which can be a horrible experience for them.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Some children wind up in foster care which can be a horrible experience for them.
It can be, but also it can be a good thing for them :) meaning there new foster people are willing to take the kid into their own warm home and lucky to become into a rich household with better schools and college.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
there new foster people are willing to take the kid into their own warm home and lucky to become into a rich household with better schools and college.
True but I wonder how many rich people take in foster children. I heard and read horror stories about children who wound up in the foster care system. Glad you weren't put through that.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
True but I wonder how many rich people take in foster children. I heard and read horror stories about children who wound up in the foster care system. Glad you weren't put through that.
Yeah, you also get those people that take a kid into their home for the money they get from the system and not the love for the shield, that's what I dislike about it.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I'm divorced myself and I realize there's nothing my parents could have done differently to make the marriage work. Neither of them got along throughout the marriage. They were polar opposites. There's really no one I can blame in that relationship. It just didn't work. I wish my father had been a better parent and didn't let his wife make every decision for him. That's about it.

I learned over time with relationships that people lose feelings. It doesn't matter whether or not they're dishonest or honest about their feelings. It still results in a divorce. I've learned that if one person doesn't want the marriage to work, the entire marriage fails.

I've heard people say that it takes two to end a marriage and that's wrong. Those people don't understand how state laws work. My girlfriend's divorce was turned over to the court's jurisdiction when her husband of 5 years wouldn't sign the papers and the state dissolved that marriage after 3 months. So if one person wants out of a marriage, they're getting out one way or another.

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
In my country, divorce is not being practiced. Although some married couples can file an annulment case against each other, which makes their kids miserable after a rendered or approved separation,.

bestwriter

Leader among Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
grouie.blogspot.com
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$5.00
Well, I never lived with my parents and my grandparents brought me up since age 4. My mother was 17 years old and she had no idea about how to look after kids.

But my parents are divorced and on that note, it's been 20 years since I have last seen my dad, I call him by his name anyway. As a kid when growing up it can be hard but at a very young age, they think it's normal and never get that, meaning they won't remember.

Lucky to have my grandparents in away, I be ended up very very bad and sick or ended up with another family.
Your mother was too young and in a way it is good that your grand parents took on the responsibility to bring you up,