Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Last time you loaded software onto your system using CD-Roms?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Not too long ago i installed a CentOS on my old laptop.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I think the last time I ever used an installation disc was back in 2015. The computers I use now don't even have a CD drive.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
I haven't had a disc drive in a very long time. Think I was in high school then. I've got an external disk drive somewhere, but I only had that to burn CDs to my iTunes account a number of years ago. As far as install disks go, I'd say it's been at least a decade.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
It has been such a long time since I used CD Roms that I can barely remember the last time I used one to load software onto my system. If I were to guess, I would have to say that it was around 2013 when I was taking driving lessons and I was using software which loaded using a CD to practice my theory test.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I never installed a OS using a physical CD in my life. I have installed older OSes using isos of old discs via Virtualbox and PCem however. I've also installed Ubuntu using a USB drive.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Isn't that what everyone does these days? :D
Pretty much. Even with video games in the store you buy. I bought Civilization and I got a slip of paper in the package telling me to go to Steam and verify my purchase. The CD that came with it was basically useless.