Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Let your members know why you fired staff?

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,062
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Usually not specifics, but I like to acknowledge when a staff member leaves, even a quick "thanks for your service to the community" type of thing.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Not usually, I only had to fire someone once and it was because they ended up uninstalling all my themes and installing ones that weren't related to the niche. Plus my forum was pretty much inactive anyways at that point since I didn't properly advertise it so not too many people probably even noticed lol. I'm cautious about who I promote to staff now.

Cory

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$78
Winbux
$0.00
I don't think it's much of the member's business why a staff member was fired, it can remain between the staff and the fired staff member. It's a lot like when you ban a member, no one needs to know the reason why they were banned. Take a real-life example, is it always anyone else's business why someone is thrown in jail?

Cody

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$896
Winbux
$0.00
I don't think it's much of the member's business why a staff member was fired, it can remain between the staff and the fired staff member. It's a lot like when you ban a member, no one needs to know the reason why they were banned. Take a real-life example, is it always anyone else's business why someone is thrown in jail?
I totally agree members don't need to know just other staff members.

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I have not tried to fire someone in my entire life, but I witnessed how a company did a massive termination during the pandemic. It was a sad thing for them to lose their jobs.