Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Making extra money...do you have any side gigs?

Welcome! You have been invited by The Hulk to join our community. Please click here to register.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I have been fortunate this year that my employment was never interrupted. I am not an essential worker, however I am fortunate enough to work for a company that has the means to support its workforce working remotely. However since I have been working from home for so long, it has encouraged me to invest a little money into my home and office. This obviously comes with a price and well, I am not really "swimming in it" right now. So I am looking at other options that offer a lot of flexibility and can get me some side money.

I am thinking about food delivery service driver. My Canadian Auto Insurance provider already has an agreement with Uber, where any ride-share or delivery service through them is covered on my existing policy. I also have a friend who did Uber Eats delivery with her boyfriend in December/January while she was in-between jobs to make ends meet, and she said that they did bring in quite a bit of money. Not enough to completely replace her income in a full time job, but pretty darn close. I figure if I can come up with another $500-$1000 per month, I will be laughing all the way to the bank. Thinking only doing evenings/dinners and it would also be good to get me out of the house since I am spending so much time at home right now (work and play is all at home...I am a good quarantine person), but it might be good to go and do some random drives, and make a little side money doing it.

Have any of you dabbled, thought of, or even done something with Uber, Skip the Dishes, Door Dash, or any other food delivery/ride-share program? How did it go for you? What horror/happy stories do you have (or know from those who have done it)?

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
I also post on ptp forums but my wish is having my own site and get few bucks from it per day. I got side job worth 500$ this year from one book publisher. I think I will got contact them and offer few my ideas and try get more money. It is more worth than PTP forums.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
I've been stuck on the onboarding progress for Deliveroo for months on end now. I tend to undergo a lot of freelance work online. Most of my side-jobs include but are not limited to GPT sites, PTP forums, and article writing.

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
Maybe writing a book then getting it published be a good option

You mean like J. K Rowling and Harry Potter or Richard Castle (fictional characther)? It would be great but I don't think I would like such popularity. I would like money and girls but being in news all time no so much. I don't like be on cameras or read about my self in newspapers.

raaman

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$341
Winbux
$0.00
I am interested in writing articles and searching for some good article writing sites. So far, I could not fine any.