Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Open world realism

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Personally, I love open-world games. GTA is one of my favourite games ever and no matter how bad Rockstar gets, I will always pre-order a GTA title. A lot of people who like open-world games want even more realism in them. But how much would be too much?

For example, would you want fuel/petrol to be a thing in GTA games?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I play open-world games all the time, in fact, I do DayZ a lot and I really love joining different servers and whatnot. I also fly everyday just about in MSFS2020, You can say that's free open-world :p Been doing flying for over six years now since FSX

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
I already think what we have is too much TBH. A lot of modern AAA games just feel like chores to play to me, and I get so overwhelmed I can't keep up with the story etc.
PS2-era is honestly perfect in terms of scale IMO.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I'm happy that my favorite gaming franchise, Sonic the Hedgehog is finally going to get a open world game! I'm looking forward to running through open fields. Sonic Frontiers comes out at the end of this year and I am hyped! I like playing the older GTA titles too btw, I have never played any of them outside the PS2 era though.