Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Reading...?

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
I read for fun (fiction) and learning (non fiction) if it's on a subject that interests me.

I've been reading "You are not so smart" by David McRaney.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
I'm not a huge admirer of reading books or magazines. So far, I haven't found one which I has gotten me hooked. I do, however enjoying reading certain niches of blogs online which interest me, like IGN for example.

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
I used to read all the time, but like many my entertainment has moved onto the screen. I worry for future generations. Reading books promotes imagination and thinking. You have to visualise a scene in a book. Stick it on the TV and you can just let someone do all the thinking for you.

Often I'll read a book, then watch a movie and be annoyed that the directors vision doesn't match mine.

Claraviolet

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$774
Winbux
$0.00
This is going to be a long post.
I love reading and I have been reading for as long as I can remember. I usually read for fun. I love novels, manga, interesting science articles about space etc.

I do read for knowledge purpose as well and I don't enjoy that part. Usually according to my company policies, we need to update our knowledge so, that's inevitable.

Whenever I read stuff, I usually lose track of time. I have been thinking about changing that habit for a long time now but it's just a futile effort on my part.

ARx182

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$192
Winbux
$0.00
I don't think I've read a book since I was in high school, so 3 years and counting. If you hadn't guessed already, books aren't really my thing - I prefer TV shows and movies. :p

Juneberry

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$850
Winbux
$0.00
I read a lot, especially articles and manga. I'm actually in a manga reading club now (basically your standard book club, just focusing on manga). We started reading Spirit Circle last week. We'll be reading the next two volumes this week, as all of us finished the first one notably fast.

I also read Tena on S-String yesterday. That was just for personal enjoyment. I don't have as much energy for reading novels as I used to, but I used to scarf those down the way I do manga now when I was younger. I've basically always been a bookworm. It's part of why I became an editor- I love reading things, whether it be poetry, stories, or anything else!

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
I like to read but only as a way of relaxing in an outdoor setting: this is generally in the summer if I sit at a cricket match or I am in the park. It is a great way to relax in the sun and keep myself off my phone. In my apartment, there are far too many distractions so I do not get the same joy out of reading than I would if I was outside.

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Huge, huge fan of reading. I've found it to be an excellent way to pass the time while doing something else. I usually do it while playing strategy games or while waiting for campaign videos in PC games. I keep meaning to motivate myself to try to read more lately and haven't been successful. I've been slacking off and doing more watching of movies/films.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I haven't read a book in a long time which is not a great thing at all! I used to love reading books and going to book shops to get books but I haven't done that for years now. Just don't have the time or the interest.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I'm a nature lover and love reading books such as A Walk in the Woods · by Bill Bryson

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
At present, I am not reading any books or have a plan to read but I may start reading more about stocks as it can help me earn more

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
I love to read mystery stories. I like the writer, Agatha Christie. Now, I am reading a mystery story written by a Japanese writer. It was translated into Chinese.