Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

The choice to be euthanized

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Do you think everyone should have the choice to be euthanized if they don't want live anymore? and why?

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I think that ultimately yes.

Perhaps there need to be some controls in place, that you have to make a decision and then revisit that decision after a certain period of time or something, not just that on a day when you are feeling down, which we all have, you can wander into a high street euthanasia store and be done away with.

I think that Dignitas have it pretty right: Dignitas.ch

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Pro-choice so this is an easy one for me as well. I think everyone should have the choice to end their life in a comfortable and safe manner if they wish to. I don't see why the government should be forcing people to live if they aren't happy with their life or are suffering.

I like the idea of there being controls as @Ashlynn S suggested. Something like a short period of time before it takes place with potentially some regular meetings to see how you're doing.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I think that ultimately yes.

Perhaps there need to be some controls in place, that you have to make a decision and then revisit that decision after a certain period of time or something, not just that on a day when you are feeling down, which we all have, you can wander into a high street euthanasia store and be done away with.

I think that Dignitas have it pretty right: Dignitas.ch

Pretty much this, the world isn't made for everyone anymore, if someone wants to exit without endangering others, thats fine.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Yes. I do believe adults should be able to legally take their own life. I believe that is an incredibly personal choice that no one else truly has the right to take away.

MrDawn

Cam's Bestie
Reaction score
Hubux
$734
Winbux
$0.00
I'm pro choice on the matter. If someone doesn't want to live because they're miserable or suffering from a terminal illness, and have no hope, I think they should have the choice to really end their life and be done with it. There isn't much to life when all you know is pain.

Mocha

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$6,262
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, absolutely. You should be able to have the choice to die if you truly want to. Mental health aside, there are illnesses and diseases that are so life limiting that it's inhumane to force people to stay alive against their will.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
It really should be an option. If the person is on the brink of death, and is suffering they should have the option to be euthanized. We do this with pets who are in rough shape, why can't we do the same for those who can't be cured and are suffering?

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
I personally think people should be able to end their life if they are terminally ill but not just whenever they want.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, people should have the right to end their lives. They do it anyways via suicide, only difference here is they are not able to do the deed on their own for the most part.
Those who commit suicide feel they have no other options, no hope. I don't fault them. But if we ever see someone who is in pain (mentally &/or physically), be there for that person.
I think it's inhumane & selfish to keep an animal alive for the human. I feel that same way to keep a human alive just for a human!

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I feel like there should be requirements as in you have to prove that you are in a clear state of mind and that you are choosing to take your life as a choice because you sincerely believe you cannot have carry a good quality life. I think it's important is to get help for people that need it if they are being suicidal due to trauma etc.