Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

The death penalty

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
Capital punishment... In other words, the death penalty. It is still legal in 56 countries which I think is a lot and provides an interesting discussion as to why it is so many. Some might say those who do significant crimes are deserving of it, but others may want people to live through their sentencing rather than die so that they live through a horrific punishment.

What are your thoughts on it?

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
I'm against capital punishment. Our most basic human life is to live and some of their death methods could cause unnecessary pain and suffering towards the inmate. Mistakes are made in a court of law. So then, what's to say someone wasn't executed by accident and this information gets discovered later down the line? Once you've killed someone, there is nothing you can do to bring them back alive.

ARx182

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$192
Winbux
$0.00
I used to think serious crimes like murder and rape deserved the death penalty when I was younger, but now that I am older and more aware, I think it is the easy way out. Rotting in prison for the rest of your life is a far worse punishment than simply having your life ended.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I believe in the idea of the death penalty but I would never ever support it if it were ever considering for the UK. The problem for me is that there is no guarantee that some people are 100% guilty. There are some cases where this can be the case but there have been way too many times where people have been wrongly convicted.

Imagine ending someone's life and then finding out they weren't guilty.

Jisemendez

Josemendez
Reaction score
Hubux
$96
Winbux
$0.00
I think death penalty is not fully a good form of punishment .
I believe in second chance .
The only advantage associated with death penalty is that it scares people away from crime .

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I say yeah and they should but other hands no. I Seen so much very bad people that needs to be death to there death but at the same time they can put someone away who didn't do it

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I think death penalty is not fully a good form of punishment .
I believe in second chance .
The only advantage associated with death penalty is that it scares people away from crime .
There are many people who are not remorseful after committing a heinous crime though and talk about wanting to do even more bad in the world. Do they really deserve a second chance?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I strongly believe in an eye for an eye. Also it gets rid of dangerous criminals instead of keeping them alive on our money.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Death isn't much of a punishment as once you die you feel nothing. Plus killing someone for killing others is beyond hypocritical.

Proper imprisonment (with little but your own thoughts to keep you company) is far worse than non existence.

Jisemendez

Josemendez
Reaction score
Hubux
$96
Winbux
$0.00
There are many people who are not remorseful after committing a heinous crime though and talk about wanting to do even more bad in the world. Do they really deserve a second chance?
Well , that's true though . I think the situation should be ; giving people that commuted heinous crime a life imprisonment which will keep them fro. Committing another one .

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Death isn't much of a punishment as once you die you feel nothing. Plus killing someone for killing others is beyond hypocritical.

Proper imprisonment (with little but your own thoughts to keep you company) is far worse than non existence.
That I do agree with. The thing is, even with the death penalty, you usually have to wait quite a while before you actually end up getting an injection or something. I think there is something like a 10-15 year wait.

Jisemendez

Josemendez
Reaction score
Hubux
$96
Winbux
$0.00
That I do agree with. The thing is, even with the death penalty, you usually have to wait quite a while before you actually end up getting an injection or something. I think there is something like a 10-15 year wait.
I don't think this is the situation in my country.
Here you get hung or killed by firing squad immediately you have been convicted of a crime with death penalty as punishment.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I don't think this is the situation in my country.
Here you get hung or killed by firing squad immediately you have been convicted of a crime with death penalty as punishment.
That is not ideal I guess especially with the risk of getting the wrong people. Do they only do it for people that are clearly guilty?

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
As much as I am in favour of the death penalty for the most horrific crimes it actually costs more to go through the process of a death penalty trial, appeal, death row and execution than it does to keep someone in prison for life. It's more cost effective to let them rot.

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
There are always two sides to this concern. It is debatable up to this day. During the Marcos regime, it was implemented, and the crime rate decreased when they were still incorporating the death penalty.