Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

The Four Working Days in the UK

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I read in an article that some establishments in the UK are implementing the four working days in a week. It means that they can work for four days and have a rest day for three days. The only condition is to do their job responsibilities equivalent to five working days.

What is your take on this concern?

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$864
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
I believe Bernie Sanders just proposed a bill for this here in the US, but it was also reducing the workweek to 32 hours. So, four days, but still just 8 hour shifts. The argument is that workers are more productive in those 32 hours, and that extra productivity makes up for not working another 8 hours. I can't say I really believe that.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
This is something I am glad to see some have brought in and are using. So many people get burned out from working 5 days a week with only two days of a break and the findings were that workers performed better on 4 days a week with 3 days to rest.

I had heard it was possible this could happen in schools too in the UK which I am all for as I feel kids get burned out so easily now, especially with how much pressure they have on them as they get further through their school years.