Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Who does home maintenance in the relationship?

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
If you're living with a partner, or maybe even a roommate, who does the home maintenance or fixes things around the place?

At my house it's me. My dad used to fix things because we were poor and couldn't afford to pay someone to do it, like my husband's family. So I watched my dad do things and learned, and my husband learned how to call repair people.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,071
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Well I'm not in a relationship, just a family situation, so home maintenance is mostly on whoever knows how to fix whatever is wrong. We manage, but there are times we're in over our heads.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Well I'm not in a relationship, just a family situation, so home maintenance is mostly on whoever knows how to fix whatever is wrong. We manage, but there are times we're in over our heads.

Except when YouTube helps :D

I recently replaced the exhaust fan in the master bathroom because it was making noise and was heavily clogged with dust. I thought for sure I'd have to pay $400 to hire an electrician to put in a new unit all together because this one is discontinued. But I watched a YouTube video where the guy had my exact exhaust fan and showed step by step how simple it was to buy a new assembly and put it in. It's literally 2 screws, one for the light after unscrewing the lightbulb and one for the fan assembly. So simple! Cost me $52.

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,071
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
Except when YouTube helps :D

I recently replaced the exhaust fan in the master bathroom because it was making noise and was heavily clogged with dust. I thought for sure I'd have to pay $400 to hire an electrician to put in a new unit all together because this one is discontinued. But I watched a YouTube video where the guy had my exact exhaust fan and showed step by step how simple it was to buy a new assembly and put it in. It's literally 2 screws, one for the light after unscrewing the lightbulb and one for the fan assembly. So simple! Cost me $52.
Oh absolutely! YouTube is your best friend for repairs! Used that so many times!

Cherry123

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
if it involves physical cash them the man should provide but if it is to clean, decluttter and decorate then the woman should do that.