Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

A homeless person

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What is the best way to help someone living on the street?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
It's hard to give to them as you are walking down the street and see them on the side of the footpath or on the shop wall. What I mean hard is that if you do give them some small amount of money they go out and spend it on alcohol or things that they really do not need.

Another option is to go and get them food to give to them. THen again so many people act and pretend to be homeless, seeing that happen.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
A solid tent, good boots and a jacket are life savers.

vans

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Hubux
$808
Winbux
$0.00
This is a bit tough. What I usually do is offer them directly some food (never real money). Although the ideal thing would be that nobody lives on the street because they don't have enough resources.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Another thing you can do is consider donating to local outreach groups. They have trained staff specifically to find homeless folks, guide them through the paperwork for housing, food, welfare and care programs. Some of them have a religious slant, and I know that some won't work with active addicts, so do your homework.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,993
Winbux
$0.00
We don't give out money. There's too many scammers out there. It's annoying seeing them with a sign then they go & drive away in an expensive car. Or are smoking & drinking. Those cost money.
We donate products locally to our food pantry or my husband just brings stuff to his work. So many co-workers barely make ends meet.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
I prefer to bring food to them. If I give them money, not sure if they would use it for alcohol or drugs.