Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

A question you HATE

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I absolutely HATE it when people ask "so, what do you do for a living?" when they first meet you. What are you supposed to say to people who ask you this question? I dread it every flipping time. It's not like anybody ever asks you "so, what's your favorite color?" or "what is your favorite movie?" It makes me feel like they are looking for a reason to judge me based on "what I do" instead of who I am as a person.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
When I'm at work.....
and I'm in my work clothes.......
and I have my name tag on........
and I'm clearly working on something or I'm behind the counter........

A customer asks "Do you work here?"

@Demon_skeith

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
It's not like anybody ever asks you "so, what's your favorite color?" or "what is your favorite movie?" It makes me feel like they are looking for a reason to judge me based on "what I do" instead of who I am as a person.
You think that people don't judge you on your favourite movie though?

We might like to think that we are not judgemental people, but we are all doing it all of the time to everyone that we interact with, we just do it according to different criteria depending on who we are ourselves.