Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Best Free Hosting?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Free hosting is not great but I guess it's not too awful for a static site that isn't going to get a large number of views. I don't see the point of using a premium host for my portfolio site (which is not even properly set up at the moment) so looking to move it to a free web host.

Is anyone aware of any good free hosting options out there that support Let'sEncrypt SSL as well?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Just keep in mind that the websites of some free web hosting providers were not properly secured, which doesn’t generate much faith in their ability to deliver the level of service you’d expect from paid-for providers. Remember the old adage: ‘You get what you pay for’? Well, nowhere else in the tech business is this truer than with web hosting.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Have you looked at website building sites? Like Wix or Squarespace. Save option and gives you some options :)

I myself have used Squarespace and it's free to use, easy to set up and customization is fun to play around, no difference to having WordPress. Depends what you are wanted to do.

Yeah, I just repost that here :p that's why I wanted it :p

THought about getting very very cheap hosting for a £1 deal that I have seen around?

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
I'm on Proboards which is free. I do agree though there are limits & not as secure. I'm only on it as I am NOT technically inclined. I wouldn't know a thing about how to get my own forum, much less a domain, hosting, etc. That is a goal in the future however.
With that said, there is also that old saying "You get what you pay for." :)

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I remember making use of the hostinger for the free hosting. Those days are gone and now they are paid hosting. Same with x10 hosting website which was good too. But unfortunately those sites are slowly now closing too.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Just keep in mind that the websites of some free web hosting providers were not properly secured, which doesn’t generate much faith in their ability to deliver the level of service you’d expect from paid-for providers. Remember the old adage: ‘You get what you pay for’? Well, nowhere else in the tech business is this truer than with web hosting.
True. But I guess that matters a little less for a sort of static site that is going to act as just a portfolio. The reason why I'm moving away from paid hosting is since the site is not properly developed so it's just a waste for me to pay for hosting.
I remember making use of the hostinger for the free hosting. Those days are gone and now they are paid hosting. Same with x10 hosting website which was good too. But unfortunately those sites are slowly now closing too.
x10Hosting was a site I used previously but yeah, they have a few issues right now which is not great :(