Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

#BLM blacklivesmatter

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
What are your views on this very relevant subject? I’m happened upon a protest recently here in the UK. Very peaceful, good-natured and organised. Opposite this group were a bunch of what can only be described as thugs. They shouted ALLLIVESMATTER as much as they boo’ed and jeered.
Yes all lives matter but it comes with a simple explanatory metaphor:

Someone saying all lives matter when another shouts black lives matter is tantamount to saying save all the forests when someone says ‘save the rain forest’.

Yes all forests are important but it’s the rainforests being destroyed at an alarming rate. Yes all lives matter but it’s black lives which are held with little regard by law enforcement.

In the US, born a black male, you have a 1 in a thousand chance of being killed by a cop. They are not good odds.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I am of the mindset where colour means absolutely nothing to me and I treat everyone with the same respect that I expect in return from the other individual. To me this is just how things should be, and unfortunately they are not.

I do support the #BLM movement and it is too bad that the thugs are bringing negative attention to those who are taking a stand for their basic human rights.

I cannot speak for the chances of getting killed by a cop. I do know that there are good police out there as I have personally interacted with them in the past, mind you I am also white so I cannot say for sure if that had an impact on my encounters with them.

Regardless, I am an Ally and I am a strong believer in treating others the way you would like to be treated. #TheGoldenRule.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
I do support the BLM but I think #AlllLivesMatter just as much. Regardless of race, gender, disabilities and anything else in which people can be discriminated against. The movement has created a lot of awareness which is a positive step forward in the right direction for society.

Last edited:

Jordan

Tech Support
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,371
Winbux
$0.00
All lives do matter, BLM isn't stating only black lives matter. Black lives are threatened daily by cops. I live in the inner-city, I am white, I am not scared to walk down the street. I treat everybody with respect, I fit in here. I live in NY, I've seen Gang fights etc.

I fully support BLM. Most of the "thugs" are white supremacists trying to make this movement negative. In my City, Rochester, White People started the riots. The target in Minneapolis or wherever, was burned by a white cop, that was off duty.

Lord Saru

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$111
Winbux
$0.00
Let us not forget that there was the Ku Klux Klan movement by white supremacists that killed a lot of black lives.

If you go into the history of colonialisation and imperialism, you will find that these horrendous white people has subjugated all people they thought are inferiors. Today, its entertaining to see how they are chased upon by their so called inferior civilisations.

Masterminor

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hubux
$1,125
Winbux
$1.00
The whole all lives matter thing is honestly ridiculous. Of course all lives matter, but the problem is everyone has a case of whatabout-ism. But here's my question to those protesters. If All Lives Matter so much, why aren't you mad too?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
All lives matter, every single living person matters. Since I'm white my thoughts don't matter and got to be very careful what we all say and do.

Here in the UK the title #BLM sin;t what it means, people don't understand that here in the UK it's a different matter altogether. It's about taken over the country and having there own laws and doing it there way and not other people's. Not talking about ALL black people here, just a group of gangs. Removing the police force, taken down all UK statues, removing anything regards racism to them. Next, they want to remove the Queen. Getting so bad what about white peoples matters!! They even want pubs and street names to be renamed! And what's crazy they getting their history so damn wrong.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
All lives matter, every single living person matters. Since I'm white my thoughts don't matter and got to be very careful what we all say and do.

Here in the UK the title #BLM sin;t what it means, people don't understand that here in the UK it's a different matter altogether. It's about taken over the country and having there own laws and doing it there way and not other people's. Not talking about ALL black people here, just a group of gangs. Removing the police force, taken down all UK statues, removing anything regards racism to them. Next, they want to remove the Queen. Getting so bad what about white peoples matters!! They even want pubs and street names to be renamed! And what's crazy they getting their history so damn wrong.
aww man, that is sad to hear.

It's terrible when a positive and peaceful protest, turns into damage and violence.

Joshua Farrell

Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
For me, I support any movement to help better those who don't have it as good as those who do. And honestly, I don't support those people who take over those movements, just to destroy and cause more segregation by insisting that only one group matters, and nothing else. Sure, #BlackLivesMatter, but what about actually trying to help improve things, instead of trying to erase the history, and have Mr. #MobRule damage any attempt to really stop the hurt?

I care about lives, but I hate those who basically try to intimidate everyone into thinking something is right, by trying to destroy and harm anything and anyone who may seem to them, to be in the way.

Juneberry

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$850
Winbux
$0.00
I'm a supporter of the movement, personally. I can't go to protests and stuff, but I made a poster to promote the BLM movement, which is taped to my window from the inside for people to see when they pass by my apartment. I always try to promote kindness towards all, regardless of others, but right now... It's my black friends I worry about the most. I don't even want to try to imagine one of them getting shot, yet it's all too easy to do so, because it's become so commonplace- and that's a problem. A big problem.

Zakalwe

Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
This is the issue. We’re becoming desensitised to killings of blacks by cops. Same as mass shootings. It happens so often people don’t care enough any more.