Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Can Netflix be a waste of money?

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
It depends on how much you use it. If you are using it quite a bit, then it may be worth it to spend the extra $10 or whatever it cost each month. But if you're not using it all or very rarely use it, then I can see it being a waste.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
My gf watches a lot of netflix. For me it's a kinda waste since i watch a couple of movies per month. But somehow it's a way of supporting the whole production.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I have the basic of basic cable television, and Netflix. Plus you can stream everything online. I watch Netflix almost daily though. In fact, I am watching it right now ?.

I’m sure it can be a waste, but if you use it regularly then it is not a waste. It’s an investment ;)

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
I have the basic of basic cable television, and Netflix. Plus you can stream everything online. I watch Netflix almost daily though. In fact, I am watching it right now ?.

I’m sure it can be a waste, but if you use it regularly then it is not a waste. It’s an investment ;)

I wish i lived in the US, most of the shows i'm willing to watch aren't licensed over here :(

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety

Luckily for us in the UK, we have a thing called Freeview. It has about 100+ channels all for free. We rely on that for a few of the good channels. Don't see the point of paying for cable because of how much we watch YouTube and Netflix.

I wish i lived in the US, most of the shows i'm willing to watch aren't licensed over here :(
I hate it when streaming services don't have the latest seasons of some shows as well. Netflix UK doesn't get the last two seasons of Shameless (US) :(

Laifot

Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Rebel
I hate it when streaming services don't have the latest seasons of some shows as well. Netflix UK doesn't get the last two seasons of Shameless (US) :(

The same goes with Youtube. I don't like regional restrictions at all.. It comes from those console wars era, you couldn't play games meant to the EU region and viceversa.

Now that i'm thinking better, it would be good to pay a flat monthly fee to watch EVERYTHING. if the show isn't available in your region, maybe you could purchase shows.. or an episode ticket, whatever

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Luckily for us in the UK, I haven't come across any problems with region-locked content. I think the only one I can remember is one from US-based channels for football highlights.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$785
Winbux
$0.00
I would say it's a far better improvement over DISH and Direct TV. Those can cost you anywhere from 45 to 100 dollars a month or higher depending on what service you got.