Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Coding your own website?

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
I have a friend that is trying to do this and it seems pretty exhausting in my eyes. I have never tried it myself but I was wondering if anyone here has?

What do you enjoy about coding your own website? Could you even share some of it with us?

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
I like do background stuff. PHP is my favorite language, connection to database, crawlers etc.
I don't like do frontend so I just redesign some free HTML5 template.
Doing everthing by yourself can be hard especially when you do it for first time. I currently learning do some SEO and I just see how much would I save time if I planed some stuff before. Even I save time not working on design there is still a lot of work and no wonder why bigger projects are done in teams.

Funkel

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Website
www.minecom.org
Hubux
$1,388
Winbux
$0.00
Well, I prefer to try my hand at extensions for my forum software but I probably couldn't build a website from scratch.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I'm way too dumb to code for my site :(

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Why code if you can get it already made up. Then again if there is something or ideals that we or you want and there is no plugin or apps for it then you have a choice to make it ourselves or hire someone to do it.

NEver built a site from anything and code it fully, I mostly use the forums software that we have.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
I have never coded a webpage and wouldn't know where to start. Nonetheless, enhancing my coding skills is something I have always wanted to undertake, but never found the time to do so. Would anyone be able to provide some tips & tricks for a rookie wanting to learn how to code?

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
I can edit a little html but that's it. I would have no clue how to code an entire website.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
I can edit a little html but that's it. I would have no clue how to code an entire website.

Is coding something your warning to get into? You need to know a minimum of HTML and CSS to code a webpage. A good starting point would be looking at online tutorials.

Chel

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.tapatalk.com
Hubux
$2,141
Winbux
$0.00
Is coding something your warning to get into? You need to know a minimum of HTML and CSS to code a webpage. A good starting point would be looking at online tutorials.
Not really. That stuff goes over my head. I also have a memory like a siv. Coding is just so time consuming.

I wasted hours dealing with and editing codes on proboards v4 as well as zetaboards. I want to avoid it as much as possible.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Not really. That stuff goes over my head. I also have a memory like a siv. Coding is just so time consuming.

I wasted hours dealing with and editing codes on proboards v4 as well as zetaboards. I want to avoid it as much as possible.
It's not too bad once you get into it but yeah, it can be annoying sometimes. And with so many easy ways to create/manage websites nowadays, unless you're doing it for a job, knowing how to code is not that important I guess.