Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Cutting back on Social Media

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Yup I got rid of FB years ago, don't use insta/twitter nearly as much and just occupy my time on forums now.
I'd like to say I'm less angry about things, because I certainly was for a while after removing the aforementioned from my life, but that didn't really last tbh. I guess it's hard to say cos the worlds been mad for 2 years anyways.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I haven't gotten rid of Facebook as yet but I don't use it anymore. It's something I keep because of all the friends and family I have on it, especially as some still use it regularly.

I mainly use Reddit and Twitter most of the time and it's going to be very hard for me to stop using both ?

Dfarmer2001

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Website
postingbay.com
Hubux
$1,332
Winbux
$0.00
Pull The Pin and Chuck It
I haven't really considered cutting back, I don't believe I use social media enough to need to cut back. The only time I use social media is when I'm attempting to pass time.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
It's interesting that so many people here have closed social media accounts, I keep my Facebook account mostly because it makes it much easier to sign up for and log in to other things.

I agree with this. Certain websites/apps are just easier to log into using Facebook or Twitter.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I agree with this. Certain websites/apps are just easier to log into using Facebook or Twitter.
Any app or site that wants me to have a Facebook/Google/Other account to sign up or sign in, I tend to just avoid and find an alternative.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I have spent a lot of time on the social media and I want to reduce the time being spent. I am trying to find out alternatives and so far found none for controlling time. I feel going out and traveling can be one solution in that case.