Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Dangerous aspect of your job

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What's the most dangerous aspect of your job?

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Working in a factory means you can get crushed by bins if they're not properly stacked, can get hit by a forklift if you don't pay attention,and if you're working on a machine some of them can crush your hands or other extremities if you don't properly shut the machine off before servicing it.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Interacting with wildlife. Many areas in which rangers work are home to a variety of wildlife. There may be predators, such as mountain lions, wolves or bears, that the ranger encounters while making patrols or performing other job duties. Rangers must sometimes assist ill or injured animals, and even animals who are normally peaceful can pose a risk when they are in pain and a ranger tries to treat or rescue them.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Has anyone ever been hurt on the job? If so, how did it happen?

Mocha

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$6,262
Winbux
$0.00
I work in an office, the most dangerous part of my job is probably getting a paper cut. Nothing really too dangerous in an office environment really on an average day.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I do have to lift heavy things at time and work with plugging things at some very awkward places, so I risk dropping something on me, pulling a muscle or getting electrocuted. Though risk isn't high on any of them.

Nebulous

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Website
offtopix.com
Hubux
$1,180
Winbux
$0.00
Interacting with wildlife. Many areas in which rangers work are home to a variety of wildlife. There may be predators, such as mountain lions, wolves or bears, that the ranger encounters while making patrols or performing other job duties. Rangers must sometimes assist ill or injured animals, and even animals who are normally peaceful can pose a risk when they are in pain and a ranger tries to treat or rescue them.
You’re a ranger? That’s a cool job. I noticed you mentioned treating ill and injured animals. Ever have any interest in being a paramedic?

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,486
Winbux
$0.00
Working with server racks, mostly electricity issues. Rack mounted equipment can get pretty heavy.

With the cable trays under the floors, just watching out for head injuries, or bumping into stuff.

Though a lot of that stuff is set it and forget it, so it’s more of an occasional hazard.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$774
Winbux
$0.00
Do you have any cool stories on working with mountain lions?

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
There are few dangers in every job and yes I need to have full focus when I work so that there are no mistakes