Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Dealing with threats?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Threats are trolling and doing that to the owner of any forum is not the smartest thing to do.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
I can't say I have been threatened in the past as a forum owner but I have had people try to make things difficult for me and my forums in the past. I find if you do not give in to their antics and you do not let them get to you, they tend to go away after they realize they are not getting out of it what they want.

Cam

The Chosen One
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
forumpromotion.net
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$81.00
I Am The Danger!
I’ve received quite a few threats, especially as an admin on FP. It’s tough to deal with. You want to say it doesn’t bother you at all, but it definitely takes a toll on your mental health. Hard to stay motivated when all that is going on.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I’ve received quite a few threats, especially as an admin on FP. It’s tough to deal with. You want to say it doesn’t bother you at all, but it definitely takes a toll on your mental health. Hard to stay motivated when all that is going on.
I can see how that would be discouraging. That would mess with my head.

Don't let it get to you. (y)

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I've thankfully never had to deal with this before, but it's sad to think that there are people who send threats to staff members on forums. People are unpredictable unfortunately. If this ever did happen I would just ignore it and hope it doesn't escalate.

bestwriter

Leader among Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
grouie.blogspot.com
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$5.00
I fail to understand why anyone would want to do that unless they are competitors. Best is not to give them a handle that they could use