Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do in a specific order

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
What do you HAVE to do in a specific order?

D

Deleted member 268

I actually probably have OCD, so quite a lot. Never been officially dialogised, but I have many symptoms of it. Hand washing, checking, intrusive thoughts etc.

imacelebau ocd GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

I get very irritable if my routine gets out of order. I typically do my chores in a specific path.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I actually probably have OCD,
My friend was diagnosed for OCD last year. She's going through Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and takes Paxil. What a big difference this had made in her life. Have you ever considered getting tested?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
I pretty much do everything in a specific order... from stacking dishes, doing laundry, placing books on a shelf, lining up spices and can foods. I'm super organized and always have things in order.

D

Deleted member 268

My friend was diagnosed for OCD last year. She's going through Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and takes Paxil. What a big difference this had made in her life. Have you ever considered getting tested?
Yeah, I'm going to get around to it. Been putting it off for a long time, and I guess the whole pandemic put me off going even further.

Definitely something I need to get looked at sooner rather than later, as it can get worse I've heard. I can cope, so I think I'm on the lower end of it. It still does interfere with my life at times, though.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Definitely something I need to get looked at sooner rather than later, as it can get worse
Glad you're considering doing it. Can't hurt to get tested to make sure either way.

D

Deleted member 268

Glad you're considering doing it. Can't hurt to get tested to make sure either way.
I'm as sure as you can be without getting officially tested. I have too many symptoms not to have it at this point.

As much as it drives me insane, it does have a couple of pros. I'm always motivated for one, and my chores never go undone. It makes me burn out fast. I honestly like being busy and focused on a task as it keeps me distracted.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
As much as it drives me insane, it does have a couple of pros. I'm always motivated for one, and my chores never go undone. It makes me burn out fast. I honestly like being busy and focused on a task as it keeps me distracted.
The pros are exactly what my friend mentioned. But when something was a little "off" it would send her into a depressed state of mind. She's no longer like that now and I'm happy for her.

D

Deleted member 268

The pros are exactly what my friend mentioned. But when something was a little "off" it would send her into a depressed state of mind. She's no longer like that now and I'm happy for her.
yep, that's me

if anything goes wrong, even the slightest of a problem. It tends to ruin my entire day, maybe the whole week. Minor things that most people would shrug off can be a big nuisance for me.

i'm glad your friend got the help she needs, it isn't easy taking that step, I hope I can report the same thing one day when I build up some more confidence.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
i'm glad your friend got the help she needs, it isn't easy taking that step,
Agreed it wasn't easy but she has a great support network of family and friends that persuaded her to at least go get tested.
I hope I can report the same thing one day when I build up some more confidence.
I truly hope so too.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
I don’t really have a specific order for things which is strange as I have autism and most autistic people really must have order.