Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do You Believe In The Paranormal?

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Forgive me if this isn't the right place for it, but as someone who's encountered a few odd instances I am definitely a believer in the paranormal. I think my inlaws' house is haunted, and here's my reasoning for why I believe this. First let's go back to the year 2009. On Halloween of that year my wife and I decided to make a Oujia board since our plans for going to a friend's house were canceled and we were bored. We messed around with it, just having a good time and just asking random questions. We forgot to say "Goodbye" when we were done though... (If you're a believer in Ouija boards, you know that's a huge thing to forget to do. Some believe that it opens a portal to allow malicious spirits to enter.)

Anyways fast forward to 2010, my wife was getting ready to go to work. I was chilling in her parent's living room, which is where they had a desktop computer at the time. I was posting on Facebook, and browsing forums when I heard a scream come from the bathroom, which is where my wife was since she was taking a shower. I ran in and asked if she was okay, and she was confused on why I barged in the bathroom so fast. I told her what I heard, and she said "I didn't scream, I'm fine." This was just the beginning of things to come. There was one time I had spent the night at her house while her parents were out of town. This had to been months after I heard the scream. We woke up at around 7 am, and my wife was acting strange. At first I just thought she was slowly waking up, she sat up and so did I. She gave me this weird smile, and then she randomly grabbed my arm and started to twist it back. Confused on what was going on, I shook her to try and snap her out of it which she did. She let go of my arm and I told her what she had done. She didn't remember any of it, and to this day I still think she might have been possessed... It was very out of nature for her.

Other things have happened since then, but I'm going to go ahead and fast forward to the beginning of this year. My wife and I have been living with her parents for a few years now. So we're staying in the same room we used the Ouija board in 11 years ago. I bought a recorder from Goodwill back in February and I decided to mess around with it by recording for a good 7 minutes or so in our bedroom. I sat the recorder down on the dresser, came into my game room across the hall and just talked with my wife for a bit. After seven minutes I go and check the recorder. I listen to the entire recording and I kid you not, I hear a whisper! I couldn't make out what it said, and it sounded like a child. So I bought a aux cord so I could rip the recording to my laptop. I reversed the recording and I swear I heard it say "See me, let me out." (I provided the link to my Soundcloud where the recording was uploaded to. Note it's loud since I also increased the volume to hear it better. There's also other recordings I've made not long after this one on there too. We don't have any children, and I really cannot come up with a reasonable explanation for the recording.) Occasionally I'll hear thuds and see things move from time to time in both my bedroom and game room. These are the reasons why I am far from being a skeptic. I can understand maybe thinking that the thuds are just the house settling, however the recordings are different. Here's a link to my Soundcloud where all the EVPs I recorded early this year can be found. (BTW I hate hearing my pre t voice. It's jarring to hear what I used to sound like. x_X) https://soundcloud.com/theravenfreak%2Fsets%2Fevps

Last edited:

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I kinda believe in the paranormal, specifically ghosts. But I don’t really believe in a god or higher power simply because I’ve never seen any evidence of there being one(but if someone wants to be religious that’s their choice and I’m all good with it so long as they don’t actively try to force it on other people). I’ve personally had some paranormal experiences, which is why I kinda believe in it.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Might want to better space your text with the enter button, hard to read it like that. o_O
Oops I kind of got carried away when I posted my thread last night. :V I've edited my post so it's much easier to read. :p
I kinda believe in the paranormal, specifically ghosts. But I don’t really believe in a god or higher power simply because I’ve never seen any evidence of there being one(but if someone wants to be religious that’s their choice and I’m all good with it so long as they don’t actively try to force it on other people). I’ve personally had some paranormal experiences, which is why I kinda believe in it.
What experiences did you have? I'm also one of those people who don't mind if others believe in higher beings, but yeah I agree I don't like it when people try to force their beliefs on me.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$772
Winbux
$0.00
I don't practice a religion or worship any deities. So to answer this question, no I don't believe in the paranormal or believe in superstitions. I don't believe in ghosts or demons. Some people swear they've seen ghosts and demons and have been into haunted houses. However, I just think when people get scared, their mind plays tricks on them when they're in flight or fight mode. Happens to us all.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$438
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I don't practice a religion or worship any deities. So to answer this question, no I don't believe in the paranormal or believe in superstitions. I don't believe in ghosts or demons. Some people swear they've seen ghosts and demons and have been into haunted houses. However, I just think when people get scared, their mind plays tricks on them when they're in flight or fight mode. Happens to us all.
What about the moving things? a lot of people that used to practice black magic stopped doing it because they have seen evil things going on.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$772
Winbux
$0.00
What about the moving things? a lot of people that used to practice black magic stopped doing it because they have seen evil things going on.

I've never heard that one before. Now there's a movie based on a witchcraft. It's about a Satanic coven of witches that attack a family out in the middle of no where in the 1600's. It is in Massachusetts. They kill the entire family except for a young girl and convert her. It's based on old folklore and superstitions people had back then. It is called "The Witch".

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$438
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I've never heard that one before. Now there's a movie based on a witchcraft. It's about a Satanic coven of witches that attack a family out in the middle of no where in the 1600's. It is in Massachusetts. They kill the entire family except for a young girl and convert her. It's based on old folklore and superstitions people had back then. It is called "The Witch".

Yeah i've seen that. As you may know i'm heavily into heavy metal music.

One of my favorite bands called "Running Wild" hailing from Germany, released an album called Gates To Purgatory in 1984. It was a Satanic themed album with songs like "Adrian (Son Of Satan)" and "Soldiers Of Hell". "Satan", and a song called Victim Of State's Power that calls out being friends with Lucifer.

You might think it's just music to scare the shit out conservative grannies and christian parents but, after singing this with so much power and feel, Rolf Kasparek said that he felt bad energy and just stopped playing these songs (and they're really famous!) and switched forever to pirate-themed music.

There are lots of stories like this, i'm not much of a believer but.. who knows!

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Well I haven't had any experiences myself, but wouldn't the parents have experienced something as well? Also have you consulted the church at all?
My mother in law has experienced things in this house from time to time. Not too long ago she said she was up late one night checking Facebook on her phone when she felt someone tug at her right big toe. My father in law was sleeping next to her. She was wide awake when it happened too. My father in law is a skeptic, so I'm not even sure if he's seen anything. (And I don't really wish to ask him, he'd just laugh at me and say there's nothing going on...) I don't really feel the need to consult a church, because I don't think we have a bad haunting. My wife is wanting to sage the house though. Also one time my MIL's chihuahua barked at the closet door in the spare bedroom, and was growling as well. She could have seen a mouse or something, but it was still odd.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$772
Winbux
$0.00
My mother in law has experienced things in this house from time to time. Not too long ago she said she was up late one night checking Facebook on her phone when she felt someone tug at her right big toe. My father in law was sleeping next to her. She was wide awake when it happened too. My father in law is a skeptic, so I'm not even sure if he's seen anything. (And I don't really wish to ask him, he'd just laugh at me and say there's nothing going on...) I don't really feel the need to consult a church, because I don't think we have a bad haunting. My wife is wanting to sage the house though. Also one time my MIL's chihuahua barked at the closet door in the spare bedroom, and was growling as well. She could have seen a mouse or something, but it was still odd.

Let's entertain the idea that I believe you. My ex wife was obsessive compulsive about hauntings in the area. Now I've heard plenty of talk where I live about hauntings. Many people say to burn the old property down. In lore, burning the house to the ground or having it torn down seemed extremely effective. What this does is that it makes the bad things move on. You destroyed their home. They have to go somewhere else. Where I live, if there's an old creepy house and people are saying that it's haunted, someone is going to come along and torch it.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30

One day with the in laws out of the house, I'd say invite a priest over, see what happens. They also say haunted homes are not as bright as they should be when the sun shines into the home.

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
I cannot explain it, but I had seen some of them during my younger years. Some old folks claimed that kids usually see them that adults cannot be seen. I am one of them who had seen their images up close.