Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you make your own graphics? If so, what do you use?

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
I make all of my own graphics from scratch. I use GIMP to make my graphics as I don't have the cash or reason to purchase Adobe Photoshop when GIMP works perfectly fine.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Always sworn by GIMP since I was just a wee lad, but never really gave PS an honest shot until the other day when I was following along with a tutorial to make some fancy text and man... PS really blows GIMP out of the water. I could definitely achieve something close to what I ended up with in GIMP, but PS has some really great layer options.

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
Always sworn by GIMP since I was just a wee lad, but never really gave PS an honest shot until the other day when I was following along with a tutorial to make some fancy text and man... PS really blows GIMP out of the water. I could definitely achieve something close to what I ended up with in GIMP, but PS has some really great layer options.
I tried GIMP once. I was surprised by how good it was.
I use photoshop and have always used photoshop.

Elseb

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,150
Winbux
$0.00
Depends what you're creating really, I find Canva.com is really good and the majority of features are free, there is a premium version for extras. Would always advise giving the site a go before you buy an expensive version.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I used to dabble into graphic design but I haven't really done it in years. I admire others who do.

Zap

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Website
forumdb.net
Hubux
$1,384
Winbux
$0.00
I always make my own graphics, the exception being whenever I make sites with loads of icons. In that case, I use Font Awesome or Feather Icons to cover me on the icon-front.

I mainly use Illustrator to create graphics, as I love SVGs!

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'm too lazy to download and use graphic software so I just use Gravit Designer on their website. The tool is pretty great and good enough to make some basic graphics like logos.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I used to be heavy on the photoshop. And now I have moved to the canva. And for me that works just fine. The reason being using the graphics of that type it always helps out with the browser. You don't have to pay too much for the photoshop.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I do basic editing and whatnot, I have made liveries for games like GTA and also recent with MSFS2020, liveries regarding police to airbus skins :) WIth MSFS2020 I have to use blender also for that :)

I have software anyway, Blender and photoshop.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
I occasionally make my own small-scale pixel art in GIMP or MS Paint, but that's about it.

I don't do larger-scale graphics, because I'm terrible at that :p .