Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Do you pay for YouTube Red?

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
I used to pay for it bac when it was $8/mo but stopped, stupidly. Now I kind of want to re-subscribe because it is my primary form of entertainment but I can't afford $15/mo. It is so expensive.

What about you?

Mocha

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$6,262
Winbux
$0.00
I have heard of YouTube Red but I don't recall what it actually is. Is that just YouTube Premium, you know, without the ads or is it something different?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Is YouTube Red just the old name of YouTube premium? Or was it a completely different service that they scrapped?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Is YouTube Red just the old name of YouTube premium? Or was it a completely different service that they scrapped?
What is YouTube Red called now?

(Pocket-lint) - A couple years ago, YouTube began offering a new service called YouTube Red. It's a paid-for subscription service that essentially allowed people to watch ad-free YouTube videos, among other things. However, in May 2018, Google dropped the brand name and re-launched the service as YouTube Premium.

Regarding the OP question: I do not pay for YouTube Premium

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I'm tempted to try it sometimes but I don't want to pay for another subscription plan. If I end up subscribing I would have to choose to drop a different subscription.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
YouTube Red itself was a rebranding of a service launched in 2014 called YouTube Music Key. YouTube also has a separate live-TV subscription service, YouTube TV, which costs $40 a month.

Way too expensive for me. I'll stick to my free Amazon Prime.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
If Youtube Red is Youtube Premium then yep I pay for that. I mainly did that so I could listen to music on my phone and be able to close the app. I don't use Spotify or other music streaming services.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Never subscribed to premium, though the sheer amount of advertising on there now makes me want to..

As others have said though, it's just far too expensive to even consider.