Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Drag and Drop VS Coding

Masterminor

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hubux
$1,125
Winbux
$1.00
Am I the only one who finds it easier to code a webpage than to use a drag and drop website builder? I mainly am finding that generally, I find it easier to code something, or look up the code I need to make something a certain way on a webpage, over trying to use a drag and drop type website builder like Weebly. I started working on a website I haven't launched yet a few days ago, coding it from scratch. And I'm absolutely addicted to making it look good and function properly.

Am I the only one who finds this easier? Does anyone know a really simple drag and drop type website builder they favor?

PGen98

Crystal Clear
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,059
Winbux
$0.00
Mardi Gras 2024
I much prefer coding to drag and drop, I want to know that the code is doing what I want it to do, no unnecessary extras. I still find myself at times popping open a notepad instance and writing basic code, an old habit. I love code, it's a challenge at times, but it's rewarding too

PixelPioneer

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
webdabbler.com
Hubux
$22
Winbux
$0.00
I totally get where you’re coming from! There’s something incredibly satisfying about coding a webpage from scratch. It’s like you’re the architect of your own digital space, crafting every detail with precision.

But I’ve also found my groove with drag and drop builders. They’re super intuitive and save me a ton of time, especially when I’m trying to get a site up quickly without getting bogged down in the details.