Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ever been banned?

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Have you ever been banned officially or unofficially?

Officially means you've obviously been banned and the forum says you're banned at the login.

Unofficially means the administrator or moderator went in and changed your password to where you can't log in or took away all of your permissions to the point where you can't post on their forum.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I've never actually been banned from a forum before, however I came very close. Teen Titans is my favorite cartoon, so naturally in 2007 I found a forum dedicated to the show and joined. My forum etiquette was non existent during this time. I was a very stupid 17 year old, who would go off topic and even once I made a very stupid topic saying that I didn't like Akon's music nor rap music. The staff accused me of being racist with my post, and they changed my avatar to a black guy they made in MS paint. :V Years later after the forum was changed to read only, the staff lounge became public and I noticed a topic that mentioned my username... The staff were debating on whether or not to ban me, but they never did since I actually got my act together a year later. :V

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I had my days where I learn my lesson and wish I was more of a good boy then a dosh, however, I never got officially ban. On two sites I received warning points and over time the more points you have you get the stick ban. but I never did get a ban.

Unofficially, Yes. I was a staff member of a gaming forum and I never did like the owner, he was a crazy and angry person, but I was able to stick with him for two years. Anyway, he moved forum software and gave me even more powers on the forum and at the time he had other issues where he had banned other people for no reasons. that week or two weeks I was not happy what I'm seeing and sent Pms to him and then I got a ban. ban for helping him out and did not like my ideals.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I've never actually been banned from a forum before, however I came very close. Teen Titans is my favorite cartoon, so naturally in 2007 I found a forum dedicated to the show and joined. My forum etiquette was non existent during this time. I was a very stupid 17 year old, who would go off topic and even once I made a very stupid topic saying that I didn't like Akon's music nor rap music. The staff accused me of being racist with my post, and they changed my avatar to a black guy they made in MS paint. :V Years later after the forum was changed to read only, the staff lounge became public and I noticed a topic that mentioned my username... The staff were debating on whether or not to ban me, but they never did since I actually got my act together a year later. :V
Oh hell yeah! Great show! I did get banned but I was an edgy angsty teen.

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
For myself. Unofficially last year on a forum that I had been a member of for 4 years. It was over a difference of opinion. The administrator tampered with my account, he doesn't own the forum, and I can't log in anymore. So I've moved on from it.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
Once, but it was a shit site that had a lot of bad people on it. Site got taken over or hacked to the point the hosting provider shut the whole place down due to the endless reports.

But really I never have been that wasn't from some hacking on the site.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I was banned on a Club Penguin forum when I first started messing around with forums because I copied them. I did try to copy them, to be fair so it was a fair ban. But I was a kid so I didn't know how to make graphics and thought it was fine ? .

That was my first proper lesson in what copyright was.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
Not on any forums that I actually cared about :p . I think I've been banned by one or two admins who fell out with me and/or went completely crazy; however, I've never been banned as a punishment for breaking any rules.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Never, just got my posts deleted and had a little argue with the moderators because i posted in the wrong section. :)

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I am innocent and have never been banned ?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I was banned on a Club Penguin forum when I first started messing around with forums because I copied them. I did try to copy them, to be fair so it was a fair ban. But I was a kid so I didn't know how to make graphics and thought it was fine ? .

That was my first proper lesson in what copyright was.
Ohhhh, SO you did it back in the day. I mean who doesn't :p Well, No wonder they ban you :p well after that, you changed your acted then.
little argue with the moderators because i posted in the wrong section.
Should not even have an argument lol they should just move the thread and that's the end of the story.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Never, just got my posts deleted and had a little argue with the moderators because i posted in the wrong section. :)
Wow, as an admin, that moderator would be in trouble for being such a twat. Like Empire mentioned, a quick message that it was in the wrong section and everyone moves on.
I am innocent and have never been banned ?
I can change that for you if you want :p

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$415
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Wow, as an admin, that moderator would be in trouble for being such a twat. Like Empire mentioned, a quick message that it was in the wrong section and everyone moves on.
You see, when it's a recurrent problem some tend to be patientless and of course have some cursing in between lol

Anyway it was a long time ago, more than 15 years.. i still remember it because i wrote it with so much passion

Phenom

Certified Mediaphile
The Sextronauts
Reaction score
Website
filmlovers.club
Hubux
$2,969
Winbux
$1.50
Discord
thetrueheroofmyth
Yep.

Just got banned today from a role playing community for having a pro-Trump opinion. There was no discussion, no 'we don't agree with your opinion but respect your right to have your own opinion' - just straight to ban. I wasn't entirely sure if it was just their discord or if it extended to the actual board itself until I got home and tried to access the forum's webpage. Got the board message error and knew it to be true.

Sad day when I'm not allowed to have an opinion of my own.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Yep.

Just got banned today from a role playing community for having a pro-Trump opinion. There was no discussion, no 'we don't agree with your opinion but respect your right to have your own opinion' - just straight to ban. I wasn't entirely sure if it was just their discord or if it extended to the actual board itself until I got home and tried to access the forum's webpage. Got the board message error and knew it to be true.

WHat's the name of the community?

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00

MrDawn

Moderation Director
Reaction score
Hubux
$680
Winbux
$0.00
Yep.

That's terrible. They shouldn't be allowed to ban you based on your religious or political views as well over an opinion. I'm very curious to know what forum this was.

WHat's the name of the community?

That's what I wanna know lol.

S2ES.gif

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I can change that for you if you want :p
Now WHY would you want to do that? Are you trying to get rid of me...again?