Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ever been fired before?

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Yes, I got fired from my very first job when I was about 16.. ?

I was in a long-distance relationship, and had arranged to go and see my girlfriend for a week over the Christmas period. Unfortunately I'd forgotten to mention these plans at my interview. They were quite generous in giving me a week off, but it was the wrong week and nobody was available to swap.. So I ended up having both weeks - and although I know it was reckless, I'd like to point out that I did make it absolutely clear to them that I wouldn't be turning up for the week that I was scheduled for.

Needless to say that on my return, I was promptly called in to a meeting and sacked on the spot! Looking back, I can't say I blame them in the slightest. Like I said, reckless..

S

salma

Never been fired in my job, i normally live when am either going to school or if the contract ends.

MrDawn

Cam's Bestie
Reaction score
Hubux
$734
Winbux
$0.00
My work history is complicated. I've been let go at least twice from two different jobs.

Merciless

Graphic Designer
Reaction score
Hubux
$657
Winbux
$0.00
Nope, I work for myself so this isn't an issue for me. Unless I want to fire myself, sometimes it really does cross my mind.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I've quit but have never been fired from a job.