Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Ever run out of ideas?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Yes, and here's what I do when it happens:

Get out a piece of paper and a pencil, and just brainstorm with myself.

If you need to be creative for a living you don't have the luxury of lounging in repose until the muse strikes you; instead you need to get out there and find it yourself.

It's something you just need to work at. Maybe go for a walk if that helps, listen to some music, make a cup of coffee….whatever it takes to unblock that part of your mind which is getting in the way of fresh, creative thought.

It gets easier - once you’ve done it a few times you will form a strategy for dealing with it which works for you.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
Most of the time I have exactly the opposite problem, just too many things flying around in my head. I find it really hard to sift through them, pick the best or most realistic bits and actually get things done.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
This seems to be a constant state for me. I try not to stress about it and let the inspiration hit when they do. I always try to have a notebook handy or at least my phone so I can quickly jot down ideas when they hit me.

I've always done better in a brainstorming session with someone else or a group. If I'm pressed for time (like at work for example) I'm not shy about reaching out to colleagues for help.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
I've always done better in a brainstorming session with someone else or a group.

Bouncing ideas between people can really help, sometimes someone says something and you might not agree with them, but it send your own thoughts off on a whole other direction.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
There are many days I've spent just sitting down to brainstorm for my blog with a pencil and paper. I have to have brainstorm sessions regularly in order to come up with new articles to write for my blog.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
Yes, there are time I run out of ideas. If that happens, I may talk to people or read books/magazines to find inspirations.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
Many times but I guess we need to keep learning about different things in depth so that we never run out of ideas