Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

For people who use glitters for usernames...

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
For people who use glitters for usernames on your forum what do you use?
Is there a specific site you use to get them? Or do you make your own?If you make your own what do you save them under?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
For people who use glitters for usernames on your forum what do you use?
Is there a specific site you use to get them? Or do you make your own?If you make your own what do you save them under?
Glitter as in the special effects/sparkling usernames that users like @Laifot and @Abizaga have? Or do you mean the glow like my username?

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$439
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Special forces reporting :p

It's a really nice feature that almost every forum should have and it's been really popular since late 00s and early 10s.. and really passed the time test :p

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
The username glow is just CSS that I got from the old version of Discussion Hub. I just then edit the colours to get different colours for the glow for other users.

The sparkling effects are from a XenForo addon that @apathy developed called Style Suite

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
The username glow is just CSS that I got from the old version of Discussion Hub. I just then edit the colours to get different colours for the glow for other users.

The sparkling effects are from a XenForo addon that @apathy developed called Style Suite
Thanks for responding and for the information.

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
On my end are just CCS code that I added and no need to use a plugin :p even the cool sparkling effects that you see on bayside is just a GIF image and then CSS code put together :) Still no plugin needed

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
On my end are just CCS code that I added and no need to use a plugin :p even the cool sparkling effects that you see on bayside is just a GIF image and then CSS code put together :) Still no plugin needed
I use CSS too, then just target the username class that controls the username text.
I have been trying to set this up on socialhideuts for a month now with not much success.If either of you could share the code you used I would be really grateful. :)

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
I have been trying to set this up on socialhideuts for a month now with not much success.If either of you could share the code you used I would be really grateful. :)
Simple and easy then again depends on the setup of your site and how you do your CSS, Xd

Add to your CSS file:
CSS:
/* Membership Color Group */

.Emerald {
background: url(https://i.imgur.com/);
text-shadow: 2px 0px 11px #04B404; 
color: #2EFE2E;
font-family: Roboto;
font-weight: bold;
}

Then under your members rank, (Group formatting) add
Code:
<span class="Emerald"> </span>

Like I said it be a little different for you but code and whatnot still the same and work. If you using XenFror then @Ash knows the part to do the group formation linking.

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
Empire posted! But yeah if you use Xenforo find in the templates where the username is displayed and apply it to that! :)

I couldn’t find a add on for it but the CSS works the same!

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
Since you're using Invision, there is probably a plugin in the resource section on the official website. I know on older versions of Invision you can easily just assign different elements via the usergroup section in the acp, but I haven't used a newer version of Invision so I'm not familiar with the ACP layout.

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
Simple and easy then again depends on the setup of your site and how you do your CSS, Xd

Add to your CSS file:
CSS:
/* Membership Color Group */

.Emerald {
background: url(https://i.imgur.com/);
text-shadow: 2px 0px 11px #04B404;
color: #2EFE2E;
font-family: Roboto;
font-weight: bold;
}

Then under your members rank, (Group formatting) add
Code:
<span class="Emerald"> </span>

Like I said it be a little different for you but code and whatnot still the same and work. If you using XenFror then @Ash knows the part to do the group formation linking.
Thank you so much. This works.
I appreciate it.
Empire posted! But yeah if you use Xenforo find in the templates where the username is displayed and apply it to that! :)
The software is IVP.

Since you're using Invision, there is probably a plugin in the resource section on the official website. I know on older versions of Invision you can easily just assign different elements via the usergroup section in the acp, but I haven't used a newer version of Invision so I'm not familiar with the ACP layout.

I tried a plugin but could not get it working.
Thank you for the advice.

Last edited:

altair

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$926
Winbux
$0.00
No need for a plugin, FInd your CSS files and also find the file for the group formatting and link it.
I got it working with your css code.
I left a reply saying
"Thank you so much. This works.
I appreciate it."