Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Game Speedruns

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I'm sure everyone is aware of the YouTubers and professional gamers that speedrun through games to try and break records. Have you ever tried it?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Depends really, but most of the time that I rush onto things I fuck up and then you are better off not playing it. THen again take your time you do not miss things and you can enjoy it far more.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I've been wanting to try it in some games such as Rayman for the PS1. The game looks easier to speed run than play casually since in order to beat it you have to rescue all Electoons from their cages and that's not an easy task. I've also wanted to do a few in the Sonic games since they're already speed oriented.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I'm sure everyone is aware of the YouTubers and professional gamers that speedrun through games to try and break records. Have you ever tried it?
Have you ever tried it?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Part of what makes speedrunning enjoyable - to watch at least - is the community around the game. Seems like speedrunning the same game, competing with and helping each other, builds a pretty strong community.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
Part of what makes speedrunning enjoyable - to watch at least - is the community around the game. Seems like speedrunning the same game, competing with and helping each other, builds a pretty strong community.
What game has the biggest speedrunning community?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I wanted to do some DooM II speedruns even though i failed miserably. :( Other games like Super Mario 64 are computer assisted, so that's even not a real speedrun.

Yew

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$623
Winbux
$0.00
Never tried and probably will never try, I do like watcing that popular Twitch tho. Interesting stuff.

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
Speed isn't really a strength in my gaming.. I like to explore everything. even if I've played the game before ?

I used to have a member on Umbrella Online back in the day who was pretty into speedrunning the Resident Evil games. He's still pretty active in the scene, but unfortunately hasn't yet made it back to the community.