Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Gaming manuals and extras

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Do you miss games having manuals and extra goodies inside the game box?

I love that Rockstar Games still adds a map of the game in the box even if you get the base edition. It was just something exciting to look at whilst you waited for a chance to play the game.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I definitely miss the days where we got manuals with games. I wish companies would do this again, but sadly they're probably never coming back unless it's a indie title for an older console. I did see that there was a Etsy shop that made manuals for Switch games but of course Nintendo sent them a cease and desist notice. >_>

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,483
Winbux
$0.00
Some games still give you goodies. I do miss manuals, but I guess it also became useless for most games. The manuals told you the controls and how to play the game, but now the game does that for you.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$772
Winbux
$0.00
Not really. I do miss buying gamer guides at times. I don't buy physical copies anymore. I've strictly been doing digital downloads since Covid hit in 2020. Game Stop is closed and there weren't a lot of games that I liked at Wal-Mart, so enter the Microsoft store. There's tons of stuff I like on there.

PixelPioneer

Making themselves at home
Reaction score
Website
webdabbler.com
Hubux
$27
Winbux
$0.00
Bring back the boxed bonanza!

I totally get the nostalgia for physical game manuals and those extra goodies that used to come with game boxes. There’s something about holding a map of the game world in your hands that just feels right.