Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

GIMP

22_22

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$102
Winbux
$0.00
It is nice to see that GIMP is still in use and updated in 2020. I was never the best graphic designer but back in the day I would try my hand at GIMP as it was and still is free software. I think it is a great place to start because of this, whilst people practice in preparation for, or an alternative to 'Photoshop'.

What have you used GIMP for? What are your personal thoughts on it?

Funkel

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Website
www.minecom.org
Hubux
$1,388
Winbux
$0.00
I used Gimp for some basic Stuff on Pictures. Changing Text or Crop some Images

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
Even I am not graphic designer (photos are not my thing) I got job making a poster for one company related to my regular job so I first made in Canva what should be like and later I make it into GIMP from scratch. It was different from my plan in Canva but still it was accepted and I got 300$ for it. Great additon to car insurance expense.
GIMP as sftware is great and I think begginers will not even see big difference from Photoshop. And in big advantage it is free so it is great start for begginers.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
GIMP is a program I used a very long time ago but haven't touched in a while. I just don't really see the need to download it since I don't design graphics very often. I guess I never looked into using it properly either which is why most of it just confused me when I did use it