Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Has the car ever let you down on the road?

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
Me and my best friend is. Of course, Saturday night in the rain, and I'm drunk. Opel Astra station wagon 2010, his dad's car. The car simply ran out of electricity so we were left without all the lights around midnight. Of course since it’s Saturday night drunk people are driving around us and we are pushing the car and trying to start it. We barely found the service that dragged us away. Price $ 100. If the price was a dollar more, we would push it another 30km because we didn't have any more money with us.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
I have had a number of issues with previous cars. Eventually I just started buying and financing new, which has proven to be reliable and paid off in the end. I love my 2017 Tucson LX :D

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
Such things cost in my area 13 000 euros and I don't have anything near that amount. And if I would take loan, I would use it to buy house or apartment. That is my priority now.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I had a 2003 Ford Focus that I always had in the shop because it had problems.....bad. Something was always going bad in it. After me and my ex wife had our first child, that's when the car really went downhill.

It was always breaking down and I was paying money to get it fixed. From a bad battery because the alternator going bad and causing it to break down in the Wal-Mart parking lot when we were grocery shopping. Ultimately the engine went bad on the car and we had to trade it in.

We got a 2001 Toyota Highlander and down the road a 2014 Rav4 for my ex wife, paid it off, and I had the Highlander for 8 years before selling it. My ex wife hit a deer with the Rav4 and totaled it after she'd ask me for a divorce. So it was one less thing to fight over in court.

Oldbuddy

A new face
Reaction score
Website
oldbuddy.info
Hubux
$15
Winbux
$0.00
I drive a 1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer with over 200,000 miles on it, so yeah it chokes on it's own smoke once in a while and has a lot of little extras (like the radio) that don't work like they should, but are not really necessary to get from point A to point B. I can't really say it has left me stranded yet, but I do cary a gas can and jumper cables everywhere I go.

Demon_skeith

Guru of Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
gaminglatest.com
Hubux
$3,809
Winbux
$0.30
I had a 2003 Ford Focus that I always had in the shop because it had problems.....bad. Something was always going bad in it. After me and my ex wife had our first child, that's when the car really went downhill.

It was always breaking down and I was paying money to get it fixed. From a bad battery because the alternator going bad and causing it to break down in the Wal-Mart parking lot when we were grocery shopping. Ultimately the engine went bad on the car and we had to trade it in.

We got a 2001 Toyota Highlander and down the road a 2014 Rav4 for my ex wife, paid it off, and I had the Highlander for 8 years before selling it. My ex wife hit a deer with the Rav4 and totaled it after she'd ask me for a divorce. So it was one less thing to fight over in court.

I have a ford focus 2014 right now, nice car but I can tell things are going to go wrong with it soon. So I plan on trading up in the next month or two, I like to buy new but I could never pay it off fast enough to out pace the deprecation.

Jisemendez

Josemendez
Reaction score
Hubux
$96
Winbux
$0.00
Yeah. The last time I travelled from home to where I am currently serving my father's land , the car I was in spoilt on the road and we spent close to 3 hours trying to fix it. Later I had to board another car to my destination

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
I've never been completely stranded on the road. Probably the worst thing that happened was when the engine started misfiring - but, even then, it was still drivable, so I was able to take it to a garage and get it fixed.