Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Have you ever had to carry a relationship financially?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Have you ever had to carry a whole relationship financially?

For example. When I was married. My ex wife didn't work mostly. She did work on and off for the total of a year out of the whole marriage. But she mostly relied on me to do everything. I was primarily the only one working. I paid on her student loans and credit cards. I paid her car insurance and on our car loan. I paid the rent. When we had kids. I bought everything they needed as well as her needs. I supported her from the time we got together, got married, had kids, and up to the time we got divorced. After that, I cut her off financially.

JennyorAlice

Full Time Hubber
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,263
Winbux
$0.00
Now, when I was a kid, my mom was a stay-at-home parent up until I was 12. That's the age I was when mom started her teaching career. So, prior to the age of 12, we lived off of whatever money dad made. But that's not to say that mom didn't work. Being a stay-at-home parent is a full time job in and of itself.........you just don't get paid for the work that you're doing. So I've seen my parents do it, for a time, but that was only when my siblings and I were really young.

I've never had to do it. My hubby and I both work. My hubby makes more money than I do. If my hubby didn't have his job and we just lived off whatever I made, we'd be in some serious trouble. We could probably live off what my hubby makes if we just tighten up the purse strings just a little bit. But we'd be broke in a week if we had to live off just my salary.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
No. Actually, it would bother me to have someone financially take care of me; I like to support myself. If a guy offered to take care of me financially, I would refuse. End of story, I'm not interested in a relationship where I'm dependent on them for money.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
My husband financially takes care of us, but I do a ton of stuff in return that he doesn't have to worry about. I make him great meals to keep us healthy (and sometimes not so healthy), I do all the shopping, all the gift buying, wrapping and giving, most of the home maintenance unless we have to hire someone, all the laundry and cleaning. He works and mows the 1 acre lawn.