Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Have you ever handfed a wildbird or want to?

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,993
Winbux
$0.00
Not talking at a zoo, & someone having a trained one lol I'm talking on your own, with time & patience & having a wildbird trust your outstretched hand & feed off of it. I have a few times & it was great! & I did it in winter without gloves on. For those who want to try it out, I encourage you to step out of your comfort zones & try new things!

Oblivion Knight

Eat. Sleep. Game. Repeat.
Reaction score
Website
umbrella-online.co.uk
Hubux
$1,980
Winbux
$1.00
I've done a "falcon walk" where a trained peregrine falcon landed on my arm and fed from my gloved hand. It was a pretty cool experience, but I'm not sure I'd trust any untrained wildbirds to do the same.. ?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
I've held a wild bird before. The wildlife conservaton says sometimes the weather can make them docile and to just leave them be & let mother nature take it's course.

Well, one morning I found this little bird sitting on the ground. I picked it up. I thought about keeping it as a pet. But I quickly changed my mind because I thought I'd do more harm than good. So I put the bird up in a nearby small tree so someone wouldn't step on it or a cat would come along and chase after it. Then I went on my merry way.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I've never held a wild bird and I don't really have a strong desire to. I admire bird and love the idea of watching them. I would love to travel to Nicaragua and visit the rainforest at some point and observe the wild birds there. I hear that it's absolutely beautiful!

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I've had Chickadees and Titmice eat bird seed from my hand. It just takes a whole lot of perseverance and patience.

Dori

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Hubux
$942
Winbux
$0.00
I have seen that done a lot in movies but whenever I try to do it, the wild birds are never brave to enough to get closer. The only bird that I have been able to do it with is a pigeon which isn't a wild bird.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
Quite a few years ago now, Smokey our cat who is sadly no longer with us caught a bird, it was her first time doing so and we believe she brought it to us as a gift.

She took it upstairs and hid under the bed with it but we managed to get it from her and nurse it to health so it could fly off. That was the only time I handled a wild bird.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
I haven't and max I can feed is a stray dog or birds and have no plans to feed wild birds or animals