Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Have you used Fantastical or CardHop or both?

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
I'm referring to Fantastical

The dev offers a 14-day free trial and it is only available on Apple Devices (their whole lineup though).
I use it on my iPhone & iPad though I'm not sure that I will renew it next month (Feb 18th it renews). I'm paying monthly for it for $5/mo and that isn't bad but I just don't see how it is better than the default.
The biggest benefit I've found is the widget for iOS. I don't have macOS. The widgets are nice how they have the calendar on the left and tasks on the right. The only way you can get that with the default calendar on iPadOS is by using 2 separate widgets (the tiny widget for the calendar and any other the other widgets for the tasks/items). Google Calendar offers something similar to Fantastical but you have to use Google apps and I don't want Google knowing my schedule any more than they already do. This is a feature I just now found out about though lol So I may switch to a free app.

CardHop is here Cardhop
Same thing as Fantastical though this is meant for managing your contacts.
It has a nice interface and the widgets are nice and the features that it has are great. I like how I can give relationships to my contacts so it knows who my cousins are, my aunts, my grandmother, etc. Now that I say that though, I may want to read over the privacy policy cause that is a lot of data I'm giving out...

ANYWAY, the app is great with the way it looks and works.

It has real language processing when you are adding tasks which is nice but I didn't even use on Todoist when I used it.

What do you think? It is crazy to pay for a calendar app that comes with a free secondary app called CardHop which used to manage your contacts?

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
I think the standard calendar works fine for me. It's able to sync with my Google calendars so it's easy to coordinate with my husband as well as co-workers.