Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

How much data do you have?

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
My plan comes with 6gb of data. However I am in the middle of switching to a corporate plan that is $10/month cheaper, and comes with 10gb of data.

This phone plan will be $50/month.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
My plan is with a mobile phone provider known as Vodafone. My phone contract states that I receive unlimited data, although I only usually end up using 100GB per month on average. I used to have my Data Metered however I was finding myself extremely frustrated half way through the month when I ran out, so this is why I changed from Pay As You Go.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Wow, that's a lot @Alexander. Don't think I use that much for like 3 months lol.
My current plan is around £12 a month and I get 20GB of data, of which none is being used right now because we are still somewhat in the lockdown. This is the first time I got a sim only plan instead of going for a plan that comes with a phone.

Bizdustry.com

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$758
Winbux
$0.00
Wow, that's a lot @Alexander. Don't think I use that much for like 3 months lol.
My current plan is around £12 a month and I get 20GB of data, of which none is being used right now because we are still somewhat in the lockdown. This is the first time I got a sim only plan instead of going for a plan that comes with a phone.

Yes, I use a lot of bandwidth however I use my 4G as a broadband connection too. When at home, I tether the network across as a portable hotspot which allows me to connect using my Laptop. This ultimately saves me money on purchasing Broadband for my flat.

Ordinally, would 20GB be enough for you?

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
None, I use pay-as-you-go. Then again I never use my phone that much and when I do it's always connected to Wifi. The only time that I add data or topup is when I'm away from home and going to another part of the country. 95% of the time wherever you go most places hotels has wifi :)

If I was to get a plan then I would get a new phone. But I rather stick with free sim so that you can own whatever phone you want and feel free to change sims.

Zakalwe

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
My plan gives me 100gb of data a month and I use about 10% of that in a busy month. I'm due for renewal in August and I'll be reducing that down to somewhere near 20gb. I like to have a little bit to play with just in case.

Zakalwe

Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
How are you finding 5G? Is it much faster than 4G? I saw a huge difference between 3 & 4 but wondering if 5 might just be incremental. It’ll reach the point where speed will be throttled by device limitations.

Jordan

Tech Support
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,371
Winbux
$0.00
How are you finding 5G? Is it much faster than 4G? I saw a huge difference between 3 & 4 but wondering if 5 might just be incremental. It’ll reach the point where speed will be throttled by device limitations.

TBH I do not know fully. My plan has 5G but I only think there is 1 tower in my area. I may check it out and do a speedtest while next to it.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
They are installing 5G towers in my area now. Only a matter of time and I will have it here as well. I do like @Alexander’s idea of tethering to his phone to save from internet costs. however mobile data is still stupid expensive in Canada because it is 2 companies who have a monopoly and charge exorbitant amounts just because they can.

Joshua Farrell

Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
I have 5 Gigs of data. Works for me most months, because I use wifi whenever I can. I have rarely used more than 2 Gigs in any given month, except when I tied my computer to my phone, to see how that worked.

Zakalwe

Reaction score
Hubux
$94
Winbux
$0.00
TBH I do not know fully. My plan has 5G but I only think there is 1 tower in my area. I may check it out and do a speedtest while next to it.
Please do and let me know if it makes any difference to your speeds over 4G.

ARx182

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$192
Winbux
$0.00
My previous plan included unlimited data - which was great as I could use my data as much I wanted, but I had to cancel because lockdown meant I had to stay at home, and I have WiFi.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
My previous plan included unlimited data - which was great as I could use my data as much I wanted, but I had to cancel because lockdown meant I had to stay at home, and I have WiFi.
Were you on a month-to-month plan? If I could go without my cell phone I would, but then I would have no phone :(

Joshua Farrell

Reaction score
Hubux
$908
Winbux
$0.00
@Hungry Ego, I'm in the same boat. If I could go without cell phone data, except that given for texting, I would do so. I generally do my best to use wifi with certain things. If I knew I would be awhile without it, I can always download a offline copy of what I want to watch or do.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I renewed my old contract which I mentioned in an earlier post but managed to up the data to 30GB from 20. Price has gone up slightly though due to inflation to around £14 now. Still a pretty decent deal though.