Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

I bought the PS5 and ended up selling it.

DudeThatsErin

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$897
Winbux
$0.00
I played Ratchet and Clank a bit and Apex Legends but that was it. Most of the good games are on Xbox/PC so my husband and I decided to sell our PS5. We had the DVD version and we ended up (with ebay fees that I didn't know about until AFTER I sold the PS) barely making more than what the PS5 cost so we lost money on the Ratchet and Clank game but I do not regret selling it.
My husband said it ran hot as well. He played it more than me so he would know.

It was one of the worst purchases I've made in a LONG time. I'm just glad I made back what the console itself costed plus most of the taxes.

Do you think I was crazy?

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
As long as you don't have any regrets selling it, I don't think you're crazy for do so.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Do you think I was crazy?
No, not at all.

Even if I had the option of getting a PS5. I wouldn't. I would have still gone with the XBOX Series S / X consoles because Microsoft owns my favorite game franchise which is Fallout. This gives me very little motive and reason to ever own a PlayStation of my own again outside of getting my kids or my significant other a PS. Because Sony will never see future Fallout or Elder Scrolls titles again on their platform.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It's always up to you really. It would be silly for us to call you silly for getting rid of it. But one thing I am surprised about is the fact that you barely made the money back? The PS5 is very hard to get at the moment so you should have been able to make a profit from it very easily.

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Sometimes I look back and regret selling my PS4 but most of the time I don't think about it. It really did end up just collecting dust most of the time. We decided to sell the playstation and games since most of the stuff we like to play was available on Xbox and PC as well.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Sometimes I look back and regret selling my PS4 but most of the time I don't think about it. It really did end up just collecting dust most of the time. We decided to sell the playstation and games since most of the stuff we like to play was available on Xbox and PC as well.
If it's just collecting dust, it was probably the best decision. I have that problem right now with my PS4 but I'm just a bit too lazy to get rid of it by dropping it off at a store.