Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

I Think a Facebook Group Had Forgot to Install an AirCon. Apparently They Will Give You Hell With You Saying "Sup Bro" and Related

FriendlyPerson

Making a name for themselves
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
UHH so yea, I was in a Facebook Group that I left because they were way too defensive about respecting mental and neurological boundaries. So instead of just respecting when an INDIVIDUAL when to stops using a word, a phrase, etc. They want you follows an ridiculous set of "norms" to avoid "labeling" autism and other disabilities.

Those included but were not limited to...
  • bro
  • sis
  • brother
  • sister
  • sweetie
  • handsome
  • dear
  • honey
Uhh yeah so you get the idea... I literally told them that I am not traveling on a "social minefield" but I would instead stop based on the general consensus of an INDIVIDUAL's boundaries upon request. They insisted that I had to "respect" their members so I left.

If that's not audacity I don't know what's is at this point. ?‍♂️

Even when I was used to be able to be on Discord with people who had severe mental conditions was NOT to this extremes. The "worst" I ever dealt with was some person who had autism would refuse to stop "horning into" very heated politics so I gave them the axe after informing them to kindly quit it in two different ways. Not because of social norms concerns.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
Just delete Facebook. You'll feel leagues better about it.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
Just delete Facebook. You'll feel leagues better about it.

I understood that for a long time now and that link goes into some of those concerns. However honestly what's better options are there to try to find like minded people? Forums? I tried those and I can't seems to find them really anymore. Discord would not quit axing my account and I can't try to 2FA it to prevent it from happening again since I can't access a smartphone due to my conditions. In person? The Starbucks by us won't let you dine in because of the Pandemic and there really isn't any events/clubs running for the same reasons.

Thus I am left frustrated until something better comes of it.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I found a website called meetup. It matches you to groups of like minded people in or near your area with similar interests. I joined a hiking group and have meet several new friends.

Here's the site in case you would like more information about it:

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
I found a website called meetup. It matches you to groups of like minded people in or near your area with similar interests. I joined a hiking group and have meet several new friends.

Here's the site in case you would like more information about it:

They regularly charges and I tried talking to a few admins at the time. They are quite pushy about them even if I asked nicely if there were other contribution options. Instead of paying the $5 to $10 per meet. I did explained also why I couldn't afford these as well.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
@FriendlyPerson: Maybe if we can narrow it down to what you're looking for, then I can come up with more suggestions for you. :)

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
@FriendlyPerson: Maybe if we can narrow it down to what you're looking for, then I can come up with more suggestions for you. :)
Well... I been been trying to find people who might be of understanding of me as well of enjoys gaming with me. But I don't understand if I can find the same elsewhere. Because even at the game's forum site people disrespected me when I told them I was having to do a "server reset". All over their works and efforts on the server even though I needed to do that to change the mod set for improved game play for me. Plus nevermind I was paying almost 80 dollars straight out of pocket a month for this with only a 5 dollars donation!

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
@FriendlyPerson It can be tough to find the right community of gamers to spend time with. I know it's not always the best place to look, but have you tried looking through some of the Reddit communities that are specifically set up for finding groups of gamers to join?

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
@FriendlyPerson It can be tough to find the right community of gamers to spend time with. I know it's not always the best place to look, but have you tried looking through some of the Reddit communities that are specifically set up for finding groups of gamers to join?
I did and they were bullying me at the ones I tried so I left and really did not find anyone who was interested. Since then and for continued situations arose I also deactivated my account there as well.

Nous

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
gtaboards.com
Hubux
$1,186
Winbux
$0.00
I do agree with @Ash on this, its not easy to find a cool group of gamers online and finding the right community is not easy at all. There will always be something about a community that will just make anyone uncomfortable.

FriendlyPerson

Reaction score
Hubux
$1,731
Winbux
$1.00
There will always be something about a community that will just make anyone uncomfortable.
Right pros and cons are always gonna be a thing but when the cons outweigh the pros as with just about everyone else you gonna discontinue using said platform. Sure you can't police the world but as a platform operator you are still responsible for any undue bullying, hassarments and so forth. Just like if you were to be running a forum.

Facebook, Discord as well as Reddit all fails "to deliver" as a quality platform in general. At least when I tried to find "fitting" communities on all three platforms.