Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

If a stranger paid for your dinner?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Have you ever been out to a pricy restaurant and a complete stranger altruistically paid for your dinner?

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
No. Have you?

A few times. I was at a Chinese buffet a month ago with my kids and this old couple paid for our meal. We didn't know until we asked the waitress for our bill. She said it had already been taken care of and this lovely old couple paid for it.

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
A few times. I was at a Chinese buffet a month ago with my kids and this old couple paid for our meal. We didn't know until we asked the waitress for our bill. She said it had already been taken care of and this lovely old couple paid for it.
That was very nice of them. Maybe one day, I'll do the same if I ever have extra money to spare.

Uncrowned Guard

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Website
uncrownedempire.com
Hubux
$957
Winbux
$0.00
While on the job we have had meals paid for us multiple times by random people and often anonymously. However, at an expensive dinner or something along those lines, never had it happen.

I myself have taken part in a lot of the drive-through things where people paid for the person behind them, but generally that works when meals are $10-20 90% of the time. I can't see anything like that working at a place where a bill might be $50-200 or even more and random tables.

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
Never been lucky enough to have someone come over and offer to pay for my meal when I have been out to eat. I see it all the time online where people have offered to pay for the person behinds meal or have walked over to someone and just outright paid for their meal but it's never something that has happened to me.

Lämmchen

She walks with grace
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
christianityhaven.com
Hubux
$1,446
Winbux
$0.00
Birthday
Nope, this only happens at the Starbucks drive-thru. I don't really like it because then I feel obligated to pass on the gesture to the car behind me, and they usually have a few people in the vehicle. Then my expensive grande is now costing me $20 or more.

bestwriter

Leader among Hubbers
Reaction score
Website
grouie.blogspot.com
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$5.00
I was at the Frankfurt airport and wondering if I should go for that cup of tea which cost 3 dollars. I found it expensive and gave up the idea. Minutes later a lady - a perfect stranger - comes to me with a cup of tea and says she saw me and anyway she wanted to get rid of some dollars she had with her before taking her flight (lol).