Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Is being a workaholic a bad thing?

Shavkat

Hubber Wall of Fame
Emerald Member
Reaction score
Website
stevengeelikes.blogspot.com
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$2.00
Emerald Membership (1 Month)
Personally speaking, it is best to work at our own pace. Setting personal goals can help in terms of achieving something. At least we can work on something.

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
To me, being a workaholic is not a good thing. One has to maintain work-life balance. Maintaining good health and mental well-being should be of top priority.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
Is being a workaholic a bad thing?
I guess it depends on the person and why they're putting so much time into their work. I guess some people find security in working long hours. I hated where I lived so much in Florida, that I devoted most of my time to a job that I worked at. I depressed. I was desperate to make a living. I found security by following orders and doing as I was told. I felt if I worked hard and did what my boss told me to do, I could keep my job and pay my bills. It was very stressful if I wasn't working. I didn't want my family to end up on the street.

raaman

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$340
Winbux
$0.00
To me, being a workaholic is not a good thing. One has to maintain work-life balance. Maintaining good health and mental well-being should be of top priority.
May be. But, I have seen people who were like that and never fell ill.