Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Is being a workaholic a bad thing?

MYC

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1
Winbux
$0.00
To me, being a workaholic is not a good thing. One has to maintain work-life balance. Maintaining good health and mental well-being should be of top priority.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$779
Winbux
$0.00
Is being a workaholic a bad thing?
I guess it depends on the person and why they're putting so much time into their work. I guess some people find security in working long hours. I hated where I lived so much in Florida, that I devoted most of my time to a job that I worked at. I depressed. I was desperate to make a living. I found security by following orders and doing as I was told. I felt if I worked hard and did what my boss told me to do, I could keep my job and pay my bills. It was very stressful if I wasn't working. I didn't want my family to end up on the street.

raaman

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$341
Winbux
$0.00
To me, being a workaholic is not a good thing. One has to maintain work-life balance. Maintaining good health and mental well-being should be of top priority.
May be. But, I have seen people who were like that and never fell ill.