Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Light mode or dark mode

Empire

Kicking
Reaction score
Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Hubux
$7,963
Winbux
$201.00
It's A Me, Mario!
Depends on what you feel like at the time, most like light and then others like dark, then many like myself that like to have a change depending on the time of day :)

I mostly have dark mode since it saves the battery power :)

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I only ever use light mode. For some reason dark mode strains my eyes and I cannot post for more than a few minutes before I have to get off.

Ashlynn S

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,683
Winbux
$0.00
It depends on how well dark mode is implemented I think. A lot of websites create a colour scheme for light mode and then use some auto dark mode that destroys it all.

If dark mode is done properly though, then it can be a lot easier on the eyes I think, especially at night.

MrDawn

Whistle in the Dark
Reaction score
Hubux
$773
Winbux
$0.00
I've ever only used light mode. I'm pretty set in my ways when it comes to the Internet. I never got around to doing dark mode.

Simon

Finding their groove
Reaction score
Website
webmastersmeet.com
Hubux
$1,925
Winbux
$0.00
It all depends really. I mostly use the light theme but sometimes I want to give my eyes a rest and go with the darker theme. I've noticed though that I usually run a light theme when I'm working and a dark theme when I'm just playing around and doing whatever.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Dark mode definitely. But with my phone, I have it set up so the theme is based on the time of the day. So during the day, everything uses light mode and at night, I have dark mode enabled with a blue light filter as well.

Fait

Planning to move in?
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,551
Winbux
$0.00
Dark mode definitely. But with my phone, I have it set up so the theme is based on the time of the day. So during the day, everything uses light mode and at night, I have dark mode enabled with a blue light filter as well.
That’s the way I’ve set it up on all my most used apps.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Yeah, apps that let you choose "system default" as an option are just amazing. I couldn't imagine having to go through every app and manually changing it to either light or dark whenever I changed my mind.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I think dark mode is for sites that have content which you want to read in the low light places. And regular light mode is good enough when you have too much stuff going on.

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$438
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
Yeah, apps that let you choose "system default" as an option are just amazing. I couldn't imagine having to go through every app and manually changing it to either light or dark whenever I changed my mind.

Yeah, but some apps don't work well on dark mode defaults, for example my chess apps (chess24). Other than that it's fine.

By the way.. Dark theme > *

kokushibo

A new face
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,395
Winbux
$0.00
Dark mode for everything. I will find other applications if the ones I use don't have dark mode because I can't stand having light mode things constantly. I only have very few exceptions to that rule and that is forum themes & software.

Ginger

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$0
Winbux
$0.00
All my life I have preferred light mode but these days I prefer Night mode because of my eye issues