Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Mailchimp problems

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
I got free .com domain on mailchimp and start build simple site. Nothing special, local language, sport news. But problems start very fast. Their Omnivore system find something bad on site and block you from publishing anything. First it was keyword "stream" but it was not realted to anything pirate. I just mention where people can watch UFC fight with free account. Second time was problem with my username, like it can't be created email account with it but I didn't request it. I am blocked 4 days ago and still not problem is not solved.
Their support is bad. They answer after 5-6 days and few extra mails. This Omnivore system is not good so I have idea of leaving Mailchimp and transfering domain to another register.

What would you do on my place?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I never knew that Mailchimp managed domains. How does it work exactly @reptile6 ?
Do you host a website with them using that domain?

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
Yes they offer domains you can register free .com domain for a year and renew it 4 times more for free. You get some free web space for simple blog or landing page. They recommend landing pages and email camapaigns. It is not like classic web hosting - cpanel, phpadmin or similar. It is more similar to Blogger.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Yes they offer domains you can register free .com domain for a year and renew it 4 times more for free. You get some free web space for simple blog or landing page. They recommend landing pages and email camapaigns. It is not like classic web hosting - cpanel, phpadmin or similar. It is more similar to Blogger.
Thank you for letting me know. I will have to check it out. I can't say no to a free domain lol :D

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
Good to get domain but I think I will transfer it to another registar. I just need to find low cost transfer and renewal. Maybe we can get new one after transfer.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Good to get domain but I think I will transfer it to another registar. I just need to find low cost transfer and renewal. Maybe we can get new one after transfer.
Do they allow you to transfer it out though?
You should use this site to compare domain pricing - https://www.domcomp.com/

reptile6

Must like it here...
Reaction score
Hubux
$261
Winbux
$0.00
Do they allow you to transfer it out though?

Yes they do but after 60 days and since they support is bad I think it will last for a week. They still didn't solve my problem so I will need to send another email.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
Sounds like a decent free deal then. Definitely going to think about getting a free domain from them now if I can take it away from them after just 2 months. Thanks for sharing this information reptile.