Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

Mobile friendliness

Sharon

Really likes it here <3
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,052
Winbux
$0.00
Do you think it's important to be sure that a website is built to work well on a computer AND a mobile device? Sometimes I feel like companies don't prioritize this.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
Absolutely. I think it's important to be at least functional (and fun to use) on mobile devices. Around 50% of internet traffic is from mobiles these days... having a layout that tortures mobile users is just a horrible losing strategy!

With that being said, it feels like a lot of websites are designed solely for mobile - and, when accessed via PC, they look like a mobile app stretched out. I don't think that's a great strategy either: PCs offer a lot more space, and if you want a website that's fun to use on a PC, you need to take advantage of that extra space. Otherwise, the site will be clunky to use on a PC, and it'll alienate that audience.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
I think everyone's sites should be mobile friendly, in fact that's actually one of the main reasons why recently I went with using Xenforo on my current board because the software I used before (UBB threads) didn't have this functionality out of the box and I'm not familiar with javascript or php so I wouldn't be able to implement it myself. :V

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,990
Winbux
$0.00
This is a good question as the issue with Proboards (the platform I use for my forum), the new version they are coming out with has issues with leaving Desktop people behind. Websites & forums need to include everybody & make it a user friendly experience.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
It's very important now. Sites that aren't responsive are just very annoying to use and unless it's for something very important, I will close the site straight away if it's not easy to use on a mobile device.

apathy

Moving truck is scheduled!
Reaction score
Website
fortreeforums.xyz
Hubux
$1,866
Winbux
$0.00
Absolutely, I think most people are visiting the internet through mobile devices these days so to neglect a good performing mobile version of a website is neglecting the majority of your market.
Considering SEO is also affected by mobile usability, it certainly is a must these days IMO if you want to see any kind of success.

Nova

Found the couch and snacks
Reaction score
Hubux
$186
Winbux
$0.00
I think Google's AMP has made it possible for many people to easily use the mobile friendly layout. And it can make a good amount of money if done the right way. I don't know how the layout would helps any more with SEO but helps user friendly way during mobile usage.