Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

My life today... Wednesday July 29, 2020

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
So today I found out that a project I had been working on for a couple weeks before going on vacation got scrapped. The people who gave it approval are now pulling back on it. I found out because a coworker who is covering me sent me a message on our internal chat system to give me an update when I am back next week, but I couldn't help looking at it now. So that's awesome.

Shortly after finding out that news, I noticed it had started raining outside and I thought to myself "great! Now's my chance to try out my new hose". I bought a 50ft expanding hose. I live in a condo, there is a condo below me, I have been waiting for rain to test out the new hose so that it would just "blend in" with the water mother nature is throwing down from the sky while I am hosing down my balcony. WELL...this hose doesn't have very tight connections with the quick connects that shipped with it (Hose, Handle, and Quick-connects were $30 tax in...so you get what you pay for) so I turned off the water and disconnected it from the tap. BIG MISTAKE!. The hose expands as water collects in the hose. They advertise that it can expand up to 3x it's regular length (awesome!) and it did so that was sweet. EXCEPT when I disconnected it from the tap to reattach it, there was so much pressure in the hose (it had fully expanded) and it slipped from my grasp and flung around like a firehose in a cartoon. My kitchen it now soaked. My pants are now soaked. I did however manage to get my balcony sprayed off except I need to get some plumbers teflon tape to make the seals better/stronger.

At least it was only water. In all honesty, it was kind of hilarious and I half-wish there was someone there to witness the chaos of me trying to catch this hose that is flailing around uncontrollably, spewing water from it end. You will just have to imagine ME in the attached clip.

How's your day been today?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
giphy.gif

It's a bit late but here is a virtual hug for getting through that tough day @Hungry Ego! Today wasn't too bad for me. Just suffering a little bit because of the heat over here in the UK which is unbearable right now. Just looking forward to the weekend.

Hungry Ego

Community Partner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$2,225
Winbux
$0.00
Thanks, I am over it lol. It was definitely hella annoying at the time though. Although...my floors were pretty clean afterwards.