Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

New or used?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I haven't touched a used game in years. And I probably won't ever again. Nowadays when I get a game. it's usually at or near the launch date so I pretty much can only get a new one.

The last pre-owned one I bought was Watch Dogs 2 and that was because I had some credit on a particular site that I had to spend on something.

JoyFreak

Gaming
Reaction score
Website
www.joyfreak.com
Hubux
$1,283
Winbux
$0.00
I haven't touched a used game in years. And I probably won't ever again. Nowadays when I get a game. it's usually at or near the launch date so I pretty much can only get a new one.

The last pre-owned one I bought was Watch Dogs 2 and that was because I had some credit on a particular site that I had to spend on something.
I tend to wait a bit before I buy newly launched games due to the high price or I'd wait for it get in sale. Although, I'm like yourself, I prefer the new stuff over the pre-owned stuff. Although, it's alot cheaper if it's pre-owned. So depends how you want to go about it.

Kyng

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,256
Winbux
$0.00
I mostly just get digital games these days, but even when I bought physical games, I almost always got new ones. The only pre-owned ones I got were some Dreamcast/Mega Drive ones that I inherited from my cousin, and even that's not really the same thing :p .

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$441
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
As long as the product is in good shape it doesn't matter to me. It's been a while since i bought something used though, i think it was The Last Of Us Part I.

Ravenfreak

Is actually a guy.
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,268
Winbux
$0.10
As someone who's more into retro games than modern games, I have to get used games most of the time. Most of my collection is made up of used games, and honestly it doesn't bother me. Since most of the games I got were in decent condition when I bought them. Plus you can get a discount on a used game over a new one. Now if the case is damaged beyond repair or the game itself is scratched or dirty, then I'll pass. As for getting modern games I try to get them new.