Welcome to Discussion Hub

Discussion Hub is a general discussion hub helping you get a little blast from the past. Enjoy coloured usernames, special userbars and a tight-knit community.

• Welcome to the Groups feature Guest! Official and user groups allow you to take part in discussions and events related to the interests and hobbies of the Discussion Hub Community. For more information, read our Groups Information Megathread post.

Memory Lane

This is memory lane, a place to discuss things you loved from childhood!

Quick Overview

Category
User Groups
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

One console you wish you grew up with?

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety
I really want to find out the name of the console I had when I was really young. I think I've mentioned it before but it's one of those consoles that come preloaded with loads of different games. It had duck shooting and a Super Mario game which was always fun

Kylie

Wild Thing
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$12,569
Winbux
$512.00
RAINBOWWWW!
Catch That Pokémon
Bill Gates... No, Kylie Rich
I really want to find out the name of the console I had when I was really young. I think I've mentioned it before but it's one of those consoles that come preloaded with loads of different games. It had duck shooting and a Super Mario game which was always fun
Was it this one?

Laifot

In The Veils Of Negative Existence
Pink Power
Reaction score
Hubux
$439
Winbux
$3.50
Emerald Membership (1 Year)
Rebel
I had every console i wanted when i was a kid.. at least of my era... i wish i could have been born before the NES was released.

Ash

Founder & Former Owner
Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hubux
$3,875
Winbux
$0.00
Wake Up To Reality!
FSociety

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I don't think so. If I remember correctly it was a gift from someone so was probably some cheap Chinese knockoff rather than a proper Nintendo
Lol my best friend and I used to use a craopy knockoff console too in college.

Grungie

Pays Room & Board
Reaction score
Hubux
$1,487
Winbux
$0.00
Maybe either the Turbografx or a Sega Saturn. Those forgotten 3rd consoles that had great games but nobody bought. Also so I wouldn't have to pay ridiculous prices on the second hand market for the games and such now.

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
Maybe either the Turbografx or a Sega Saturn. Those forgotten 3rd consoles that had great games but nobody bought. Also so I wouldn't have to pay ridiculous prices on the second hand market for the games and such now.
Oooohhh I would have loved those! Especially the Saturn!

Abizaga

GeezeZone
Resident Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
geezezone.com
Hubux
$1,338
Winbux
$0.00
I have one now, it’s pretty sweet. I have it modded to play burned games, because screw the second hand market for the games. That’s the crappy part of consoles that didn’t sell well.
Niice! What games do you have for it?

Shortie

Knows their way around
Reaction score
Website
www.revillution.net
Hubux
$1,222
Winbux
$0.00
One console I regret never getting as a child and only played a few times when I used to head to a friend's house was the Dreamcast.

I hear so much about how great the Dreamcast was back in the day and often wish I had been able to grow up with that console.

ZandraJoi

Has big shoes to fill
Reaction score
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Hubux
$1,993
Winbux
$0.00
I remember having the old Atari & having it hooked up to the TV in our kitchen. Considering it was in the 80’s, it was quite good as a starter. Of course, doesn’t compare to consoles now. When we got Nintendo NES, we found several that were remakes of classic Atari games. They were more fun to play back in the day as now the graphics don't hold a candle to newer games. But, it was still enjoyable to reminisce. Who remembers the old Atari system?